2:

"I love your hair, it's just so... you, you know? Like it really compliments your eyes. It's dark and mysterious and so... blue. Yeah. Blue. Like not a greeny blue, rather a dark one like those emo souls. The length is pretty too. Personally I hate short hair, but like it's your life so you can have it."

I sigh in frustration and look up at one of the strippers from Celine's strip club. Her stage name is Armageddon which is an interesting choice, especially since that movie was about the world ending. But hey, what do I know? She has long black hair, round hazel eyes and a sprinkle of freckles on her tan skin and is way shorter than me.

She's gorgeous but no my type.

"I know A, you've been telling me for the past five months," I say with a forced smile.

"Yeah but like, you've redyed it a different shade of blue and it really suits you. You want to go out for a drink later?" She asks with a slight purr.

I raise a humorous brow, "You're working tonight."

She shrugs a lean shoulder and props an elbow on the bar countertop, leaning over so she's directly in front of me, "What Celine doesn't know doesn't hurt."

My fake smile drops and I cast a harsh glare her way, "She's my Aunt, I'm not messing around with her girls and allowing her girls to slack off. Money's already tight, like hell you're getting away with not performing."

She blinks in surprise and has the decency to retract into herself, placing a shaky hand on the wood, "It was just an offer Angel, no need to get your thong twisted."

"Get ready backstage, customers will be in soon."

She puffs and leaves me be, adding an extra sway to her step and lifting her chin high. Idiot. Just because she knows I'm bisexual doesn't mean she can hit on me like that and act like it's okay. I turn and look at Roger who is wiping a glass and placing it on its corresponding wrack before muttering, "You'd think they'd take a hint."

He has the decency to chuckle and shakes his head as amusement twinkles in his eyes, "You need to settle down with someone so people won't try and hit on you. It worked out for me."

My brows shoot upwards and I stare pointedly at him, "Roger! What are you implying? Were you a player you naughty devil?"

"If you mean if I got around, you're right," he laughs to himself. "Until I laid eyes on my wife then my whole world changed."

I smile broadly, "That's sweet. I can't imagine falling for someone like that, 'love at first sight' and all that jazz. It's too unrealistic for my taste, plus I love having  the freedom and flavour in my hookups. It's refreshing."

"Meaningless hookups get boring overtime, I promise you. When you find the one, your entire life changes for the best and you suddenly find that the whole world is unappealing without that one person in it. The love of your life is always on your mind,  even when you're dreaming; it's heaven."

"Sounds like hell," I mutter.

"It's paradise," he clarifies. "They'll love every imperfection and you'll love them just the same. The beauty of falling in love is that even in your worst days or nights, weeks or months, they'll stay by your side because they know it's worth it. I know it's worth it, if you realise that too... then I guess them hookups lack their appeal, huh?"

Rolling my eyes, I gently shut the cash machine before doing a mock bow at the bartender, "Thank you very much for your insight fellow friend, I'm going to speak to Celine."

Something flashes in his eyes and he shakes his head, "Celine's busy right now. It's best to leave her be, she's talking to someone about deals."

I cock my head to the side and look him up and down, noticing his slightly sweaty palms and forehead and the way his eyes keep glancing down to the glass in hand. Narrowing my gaze I ask, "Oh really? What's their name?"