Chapter 18: A Girl's Got To Do What A Girl's Got To Do

The things I need most on the holidays are:

1) A cute Christmas & New Years outfit.

2) Clothes that are well suited for the winter weather.

3) A new car—haha just kidding, but a new car would be super cool.

4) Hot chocolate, lots and lots of hot chocolate, marshmallows, and any a bunch of candy.

5) Christmas Decorations. Not just Christmas Decorations, but Smurftastic Christmas Decorations.

Of course I would have also loved to spend the time with my whole family, but it didn't happen during Thanksgiving, and it didn't seem like it was going to happen anytime soon. Christmas was coming up in a few days, and it seemed that Alex and I would spend it at the Matthews residence. It wasn't like we didn't love being at their house, but being at home in Jasper, with the whole town, was one of the best feelings in the world.

Thanksgiving was spent at the Matthews house too, because our parents were stuck on a business trip and preferred to not have Alex and I come home to an empty house. The reason why we couldn't come home for Christmas was because of the snow. There was a massive snowstorm that had been going on for the last few days canceling all flights to and from Boston.

Just in case, I had our family's jet ready to go, and our and pilot, Harry, promise to call me if the storm had stopped, so we could fly straight to Boston as soon as possible. I hadn't told anybody but Tristan the arrangement because I didn't want to get anybody's hopes up in case there wasn't a miracle. But as badly as I wanted to spend Christmas in the snow just like every year, it would be nice to spend the holidays somewhere different for once.

I was trying to be extremely optimistic, especially for Alex. Alex didn't take the news too well, probably taking it worse than me. He wanted to catch up with all of our old friends and practically cursed out to the sky after he got off the phone with our parents.

Since we couldn't get into the Christmas spirit at home, I dragged Alex out to the nearest grocery store so we could buy ingredients to make cookies, brownies, pies, and a bunch of other treats to bring to the Matthews residence. I grabbed a cart and had him push it while we walked into the baking aisle to get the basic essentials. Grabbing a huge sack of flour, I waddled with it until I reached the cart and threw it inside. Alex went to grab a bunch of chocolate chips and marshmallows, while I went to get a big bag of sugar.

I had no clue why I was getting all the heavy stuff while Alex got all the light stuff. In a way it wasn't fair, but I was the one who had dragged him out here in the first place.

When we were at the register, I was happily piling on our items to the revolving rubber thing. Alex got out his wallet and grumbled about having to pay. I glared at him when the cashier heard his mumbling and it certainly shut him up.

The cashier looked at the two of us. "What a happy couple you guys are!" she said.

"She's my sister," Alex said harshly.

I glared at him again, which made him throw his hands up in the air and pout. "I am so sorry for him," I told the cashier while handing her out cash.

She smiled weakly in response and handed back our change. "Have a nice day," she said.

"You too," I replied smiling huge. "Happy Holidays!"

After the great grocery adventure, I hopped in the car and waited for Alex as he loaded our trunk with the items. I started the car and turned on the radio, listening to the classic Christmas jingles playing. The intro to a certain song began playing, and I called out to Alex telling him to hurry up and get his butt inside the car.