Chapter 1: First Impressions

Waking up to your brother jumping on your bed isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, and him yelling your name over and over again just makes things even better.

 "I'm up, I'm up. Geez, dude. Calm down!" I said.

"Sorry, Lia. I thought you were dead for a second there."

"Just wait on the bed; I need to get ready. Wait—where's Serena?"

Ever since that embarrassing incident where she thought my brother and I had something going on, Id been extra careful with what I've said. I didn't want anything like that to happen again, and so far, everything has been good. Serena and I had gotten to know each other really well in the past week. And luckily, we get along. We were roommates after all, so I'm stuck with her for the rest of the year. Better now than never.

"She went to get something out of the snack machine," Alex replied.

With that, I started to get ready. I went through the daily routine, and I started to pick my clothes out. I thought about wearing my blue floral dress with those black leggings, but then I remembered we had to wear uniform.

Ugh, uniform. Of course uniform was another school protocol, but that didn't mean I had to like it. And just so you know, I really, really don't like it.

So I went to put on that black skirt, navy blue blouse, and white cardigan. This school couldn't get any worse with the uniforms and all, but I have to say, I could really rock this uniform! Sure it was uniform, but the colors weren't that bad, and it actually looked good on me.

I walked out of the bathroom and flopped out on the bed next to my brother. Serena was on her bed looking at a piece of paper. "Lia, we've got our schedules. I opened mine, and I think it's pretty good, but here—take a look!" she said, while she shoved her schedule in my face.

"You're schedule is pretty good," I examined. "Let me look at mine real quick, and then we'll compare." I quickly opened my schedule, slightly shaking from the anticipation but wasn't surprised with what I saw.

1. AP Calculus

2. AP Creative Writing

3. AP Biology

4. P.E.

5. Lunch

6. Art

7. AP French

8. Study Hall

"Serena, I love my schedule!" I practically fell out of my chair in relief when I saw that I had AP Creative Writing and AP French; I was overall satisfied. I motioned Serena to come over and look. We compared, and we had P.E, Lunch, and AP Creative Writing together.

I suddenly remembered my twin was still in the room. "Hey, Alex. What do you have?"

"You know—same old, same old. The usual mainstream things," Alex said.

This is where everyone realized that besides being twins, Alex and I didn't have much in common. What he meant by "same old, same old" was that his classes were the average ones. While I'm pretty much a genius, Alex was average. He likes Pepsi, I like Coke. He had lots of friends, while I liked to stick to a few. That's just how things go.

And when it comes to looks, we do look alike. We both have the same honey brown hair and the same pale skin tone. Alex is around 6'2, while I'm 5'6. I got the short end of the stick in my opinion. We both have the same light brown eyes, which we got from our mother. And we're actually both very athletic.