Chapter 8: Remind Me To Never, Ever, Ever, Go To The Mall With Them Again

"Hey, Noah! Look over there!" I pointed to the wall behind us.

He turned around to look at what I pointed at. When he couldn't find anything, he turned back to me and asked, "What am I supposed to be looking at?"

I burst into laughter. "Haha, made you look!"

He sighed at my childish gesture and turned back to making breakfast. Yes, Noah knew how to cook. It's absolutely amazing at the moment since I was sitting in his dorm, waiting for my brother to wake up. It was really early, and I left my dorm without eating because I was in such a hurry to get over here. In the meantime, I begged him to make me breakfast. Thank goodness Noah knows how to cook.

"Here's your bacon, eggs, and chocolate chip pancakes." He set the food down on the table, steaming hot and ready to be eaten. The smells coming from it were heavenly. My mouth watered at the sight; especially the chocolate chip pancake part.

Absolutely delicious.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one to notice the appealing smell because the next thing you know, Alex was running out of his room to find the food.

Alex hurriedly looked around. "Food. I smell food. Where's the food?" He spotted it in front of me and immediately ran over to get a plate to start loading food onto it. Seeing that he was starting to take a lot, I started to get food for myself too.

A girl's got to do, what a girl's got do. Am I right?

As we were both shoving the breakfast down our mouths, Noah exclaimed, "Hey! Don't eat it all. Save some for me!"

But he was too late, and there was only one pancake left out of the whole breakfast he made. Alex and I smiled sheepishly at him. "Sorry, Noah," we both said simultaneously. Then we both offered him something off of our plates.

Grumbling under his breath, Noah took food off of our plates and started eating too. "So what brings you here to our humble dorm, little smurf?"

I took out money from my back pocket, remembering the reason I was here. I handed over the money to Alex. "Mom and Dad sent over money. Enough to get us through a couple of months."

He practically snatched it out of my hands to count it. "I can finally get that new video game!" he excitedly said. "And I can get..." I ignored him as he rambled on about everything he wanted and continued to ravish my food.

I finished quickly and threw the plate away. Noah watched me sit back down as he was still eating. "You eat like a pig," he pointed out. Then in a sarcastic tone, "Very attractive."

"Geez, thanks Noah. But when it comes to food like that, you have to eat it before someone takes it. I mean look at you. You were too slow to get your food, so you had to pick off of others' plates. You snooze, you lose. Follow the old saying."

"She's right, man," Alex said, backing me up. "It's either you get the food, or you leave it for others to take."

Obviously being outnumbered, he shook his head in defeat. "You guys really are twins. I doubted it at first, but you guys are actually the same-more than you might think."

I looked at my brother and he looked at me. Again, we said at the same time, "No, we're not alike at all." We laughed at Noah's annoyed expression after we did that. What can I say? It's all about the twin telepathy.

"The school must not like me. They just happened to place me with the twin of the most irritating person I have ever met," Noah complained as he stabbed his fork into his food. "You can leave now, little smurf. You gave him the money, so go away now."