Chapter 2

Our first class was math. We had to sit on opposite sides of the room. I sat down and the voices were back, but they were saying something different. They were saying "Beware and be careful or you will lose." That doesn't make any sense. I mean what will I lose? I couldn't pay attention the rest of class. That kept repeating in my head. What will I lose? How long do I have? What are the voices talking about?

 The questions filled my head. When class was over, I ran over to the guy that was showing me around. I had tears in my eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice full of concern.

"Nothing." I lied, turning around. I couldn't let him know about the voices. He'd think I was crazy or something. "Can we just go to our next class?" I asked. My voice trembling.

"Sure. We have to go to study hall. It's just acrossed the hall." He said getting his stuff. When we walked out, he bumped into me, and the voices stopped.

 I smiled, and he just looked at me and said "Oh right I forgot to introduce myself. The name's Aaron." He said also smiling.

"Nice to meet you Aaron." I said. Then all of a sudden the voices were back, screaming something I didn't understand. I fell down, screaming at them to stop. Something was wrong. So much for him not thinking I was crazy. A second later there was a teacher right beside me, helping me up. Time was slowing down.Then I just blacked out. Next thing I knew, I was in the nurse's office. Aaron and someone else were right beside me.

  I tried to get up, but fell back down. "Easy Marisa. Just lay back down." I heard someone say. I think it was the teacher. I did as he said.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, my head throbbing with pain.

"Don't you reconize me?" he asked, and I shook my head. "Howland. We dated for two years and then broke up because you moved." He said, his voice full of concern.

 My eyes widened. "Chris!!" I screamed. I gave him a hug and said "What are you doing here?"

"I came as soon as I heard. I was worried sick." He said.

  I looked at Aaron and said "Aaron, this is Chris. Chris, this is Aaron." They shook hands and I said "Aaron, we have to get to class! We're late. Oh god I can't afford this! I'll lose everything!" Aaron laid his hand on mine and smiled.

 "I was told to stay down here with you. The teacher was worried, Marisa. I was by you when you blacked out. You said you couldn't lose something, but I'm not sure what. I think we should stay down here alittle longer." Aaron said.

"Please, I need to go back. Just ignore what I said when I blacked out. Let's go." I said, standing up. I walked over to Chris and said "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine, but stay safe."

"Okay, but you can't stop me from worrying." He said hugging me. Then he left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long to update!! I had stuff to do for school and I couldn't write, but please keep reading!! I'll try to update more often.