Chapter 9

I got my stuff ready, and went downstairs. Aaron was waiting for me by the door. "Are you ready?" he asked when he saw me.

"Yeah. Let's go before you get yelled at." I said, and walked out the door. Aaron locked it and followed me out.

When we got to the woods, I thought I seen someone staring at me. I ignored it, and walked closer to Aaron. He looked at me, but kept walking. I looked behind me to see if the person was still there, but there was no one. Why does that guy look so familiar? I asked myself. Then it hit me.

That was the guy from last night! I stopped walking. Everything from last night came back. The woods, and how I got back to bed. I had a flashback of what happened after the guy tried grabbing my arm. I moved, and started running back to the house, but he was too fast.

Before I knew it, he was right in front of me. "Where do you think you're going, Marisa? You gonna run back home? Try to forget this ever happened?" he asked, grabbing a hold of my arm so I couldn't move.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"So, you really don't remember me." he chuckled. It seemed more like a question. "I'm Mason. We used to be friends before the fire. Which reminds me, I was supposed to kill you." he looked at me, and I tried to pry his hand from my arm. "Marisa, I killed your parents, and set the house on fire. I tried to kill you, but those damn brats showed up before I could." he smirked.

"Why would you want me dead if we were friends?" I asked without thinking.

"Marisa, Marisa, Marisa. You're still so clueless. I wanted you dead because everyone loved you. You got all the attention and friends. I, on the other hand, had nothing. I thought I would have more friends if you were dead, and out of the picture." he said pulling me closer. He pulled out a knife, and smiled. "I guess now would be a great time, though, since no one is around to hear you scream."

I struggled, but it was no use. His grip was too strong. He put the cold blade to my neck, and I knew it was over. I closed my eyes, and the blade flew away from my neck. I opened my eyes, and seen Chris. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the woods.

"Chris, what are you doing here?" I asked when we got in the house.

"That doesn't matter right now. What matters is that you're alive." he said, pulling me into a hug. He left soon after, and I went upstairs. I set my alarm, and fell asleep.

"Marisa? Marisa, are you alright?" Aaron asked, bringing me out of the memory.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I said, walking again. Aaron looked at me like he knew something was up, but he didn't say anything.