Chapter 10

When we finally reached the house, Aaron looked at me and said, "Marisa, what happened? You just stopped and stared into the woods. You wouldn't answer me, and I started to worry."

  "It's nothing. I-I just remembered something from when I was little." I lied, looking at the ground.

  We walked in, and Aaron told his mom that I would be staying the night. I put my stuff in the guest room. It's just acrossed from Aaron's room. I laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I thought about what I saw earlier. After awhile I stopped and got my bag.

  I was about to start on my homework, when Aaron walked in. "Thanks for letting me stay tonight." I said. He just nodded and left.

  After a few hours of working, I finally got it all done. I decided to go downstairs to see what they were having for dinner, but no one was down there. I looked outside to see the car was gone. Why would they just leave me here like this? I asked myself.

  I went back upstairs, but when I got to my room, I seen someone. It wasn't Aaron or Mason though. It wasn't Jeremy either. It was someone new. I mean, I don't know him, but he's in my class.

  "You're in my class, right?" he asked, almost whispering. I just nodded, wondering what he was doing here. He had on a gray tank top and jeans.

  "You're the new kid. You're name's Marisa. I'm Nick, and you're probably wondering why I'm here." he asked, and I just nodded. "Well, Aaron invited me over so I could actually meet you."

  "Okay, but how'd you get in? The door's locked." I said, all too curious now.

  "Oh, well you see, I needed to get away from my family. We got into a fight yesterday, so he let me stay last night." he said turning around.

  "Okay, well what are you doing in this room?" I knew he was lying, but I didn't say anything.

  "I'm talking to you, of course." he smirked, so I walked over to him, grabbed part of his short, blond hair, and pulled him out of the room.

  "Go talk to someone else!" I screamed, and shut the door. Just as I walked away from it I heard a car door shut. I ran downstairs, and walked outside. I looked at Aaron, and he mouthed a 'sorry.'
I nodded and walked over to him.

  "Don't ever do that again, okay?" I asked, glaring at him. He nodded, but this time he looked a little scared.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    In case you're wondering, Aaron knew what happened with Nick and Marisa. She told Aaron not to leave her alone with him again.