survival show (episode 7)

A/N: Longest chapter so far, but I really hope you enjoy reading because I had a lot of fun writing this one! Also not proofread :/

Previously...
Next up was the vocal battle, starting with the JYP team. Chan introduces the song, explaining that they had changed the arrangement of the song for a darker theme, to which YG seemed very curious about. So he and Jisung got into their positions immediately, preparing to start the song.

When the song started everybody seemed mesmerised by the introduction, all of you now concentrated on the performance.

The performance was amazing and finished without any mistakes, everybody singing along and cheering when the song was over. You could tell that JYP and YG were both impressed, but they only complimented Jisung. When they walked back to the bench, you leaned over and whispered words of encouragement to Chan.

"You did really well oppa," you told him, throwing him a wink and a smile. You received the same action as a response.

Next was YG's vocal performance, and they performed a remix version of Wonder Girls' Why So Lonely. The vocals were amazing, and they received high praises for the song.

You were very supportive, cheering for them and trying to help ease their nerves. JYP noticed this.

Throughout the whole battle (and the whole showcase) you were cheering for everyone, regardless of who they were and which team they were on. It just seemed like you came to enjoy yourself, not phased by the idea of it being a battle and just focussing on the idea of everyone being able to showcase their skills. So you cheered for both sides and helped make everybody feel comfortable. You were like the happy virus of the group. JYP was proud. You had definitely come a long way.

Next up was the dance battle, your team standing up to perform first. The eight of you stood in a line in front of the two CEOs, you in the centre between Chan and Felix.

You began by doing your group introduction, then each of you individually introduced yourselves to YG. When it got to Felix's turn you realised he was getting confused by the questions he was being asked. They were simple questions, but you could just tell he was getting disorientated because he was nervous. So you quietly translated them to him in English to make it easier for him to understand. This didn't go unnoticed by YG.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Byeol," you bowed to YG when it got to your turn, receiving a nod and a brief smile in response.
"Are you a foreigner too?" he asks, clearly noticing you translating for Felix during his introduction.
"Ah, yes. I am from England," you responded politely, glancing over at JYP. He gave you a reassuring smile, which made you feel a bit more comfortable about the situation.
"Are you the maknae?" he asks, not looking up from his papers.
"Yes, my international age is 14."
"Are you sure you can keep up with the boys in your team, since you're the only girl and you're so young?" Everybody freezes, the atmosphere suddenly becoming tense. What kind of question is that?
"Hyung, she's actually more skilled than you'd expect. She is going to really surprise you with her talent." JYP defends you, to which you look at him and receive a comforting smile.

You could tell the boys around you, even the YG trainees, were annoyed by that comment. But you tried to respond politely, not letting your frustration get the better of you.