survival show (episode 6)

A/N: Not proofread, so there might be a few mistakes!

When your team went to see JYP and he taught you about the important qualities needed to become an idol, he had announced the next mission before sending all of you off for a vacation. The next mission would be a small competition between JYP and YG. It would be a trainee showdown, and would consist of three rounds: vocal, dance and a free battle (where both teams could prepare any song they wanted). But he had also prepared a little surprise for the boys...

After the next mission had been introduced you were preparing to head to the practice room with the boys, but you were called over by one of the staff members. You were just as confused as the rest of your group, but complied nonetheless. You followed her out of the room and into the hallway, where she explained to you that JYP wanted to see you because he had a special mission for you.

You had no idea what to expect, so you were very nervous as you made your way to the small practice room that you had directed towards. Upon reaching the correct destination, you knocked on the door and entered after hearing a response from inside telling you to come in.

There were only a few staff members present with cameras, and JYP was sat at a table so you stood in front of him and bowed politely in greeting. Noticing your discomfort, he tried to calm you down.

"You're not in trouble, don't worry!" he smiled, to which you seemed to visibly relax.

He proceeded to explain to you that he wanted to give you a personal mission on top of the group task, because he wanted to help you improve your confidence. He'd recognised your potential, and noticed that the main thing holding you back was your lack of confidence. That's why he didn't eliminate you previously, because he saw a side of you that even you couldn't see yet.

The mission would be for you to do a solo performance. At the JYP vs. YG battle, he wanted you to perform a song for everyone. Since your main criticisms had been about your vocals from the first mission, he suggested you choose a slower song that focussed on the vocals, and not to prepare a dance with it.

"Being in a group can be good, but you need to be able to prove that you have your own personal skills. Each member has to stand out in their own way, you especially because you're the only girl. You need to show people why you're an asset to the team, so I wanted to give you this task to help you feel a bit more confident and showcase your personal skills." You nodded in understanding, genuinely liking the idea. You knew you had recently begun to hide behind your members more often because of your lack of confidence, so you thought the idea of doing a solo performance would help you prove to yourself and everyone else that you deserve to be in the group.

He then explained to you that he wanted to keep it a surprise from the boys for two reasons. First of all, he wanted you to be able to show JYP how passionate you are and how much you want this, but he also wanted to see how much you could improve without the help from your other members. It was like a test of sorts.

He told you to choose a song and practice it for a few days, and he would listen to it after the group evaluation and decide if it would be a good idea to let you perform.

You returned to the practice room, explaining to the boys that there was a part of your previous interview that you hadn't been able to finish. It was at this moment that the staff members entered to tell you all about the vacation, so the boys didn't really have the chance to question you further about it.

After returning from your vacation with your members, you sat in the practice room to pick the representatives for each of the teams, as well as the songs you would all be performing. You guys agreed to do a group performance with all members for the dance battle, and the members of 3RACHA were chosen to represent the team for the free rap battle. Jeongin, Jisung and Chan decided to take part in the vocal battle.