survival show (episode 2)

A/N: Pretty lengthy chapter, but I hope you like it. Just a reminder that all Korean dialogue will be in regular font and English will be underlined. I did change the order of some of the events to make it easier to split into the separate episodes, hopefully it still makes sense!

The nine of you had all been given your first mission: to compose and perform a song for JYP, so that he can decide if you could all debut together.

You're currently standing outside your apartment, ready to do a self-camera of you packing your bags to move into the dorms.

You've been living with your parents in Korea since you joined JYPE, but they plan to move back to London when you debut and move into a permanent dorm with your group. Since your debut technically still isn't confirmed, they'd agreed to stay until the survival show is completed.

It all feels a little bittersweet. While you're excited to be moving in with your members, you're also a little upset because it means your parents could be moving away soon and they'll be on the other side of the world when they do.

You enter the apartment that you're currently living in with your parents, after pressing record on the camera given to you by the staff.
"Annyeonghaseyo," you wave to the camera before turning it to face the corridor and doing a quick scan of your apartment.

"This is my current living accommodation, my parents will be going back to London soon so this is only temporary. I'm moving into the trainee dorms tomorrow and my parents will remain here until I'm settled in."

At the mention of your parents, you mother coincidentally walks into the camera frame. "Eomma, say hello to everybody!" you say as you face the camera towards her. She quickly covers her face and walks away while waving behind her, causing you to laugh.

"Ahhhh I miss Luna," you say quietly on your way to your room, before remembering that the viewers won't know who she is. "Everyone, Luna is my dog back home, she couldn't come to Korea with us so she's staying with my relatives back home until my parents return," you smile at the mention of her and continue making your way to your room.

You open your suitcase which already contains most of your belongings, since you had started packing a few days prior. Some clothes and plushies that you have yet to pack are laid out on the floor of your bedroom, so you set the camera in front of you before folding your remaining clothes and neatly placing them into your suitcase.

You hum to the music that plays on shuffle from your phone, smiling when Without You by NCT U starts playing.
"Everyone~ this is one of my favourite songs. It's actually the song that made me want to become an idol," you explain as you sing along happily.

"Oh! I almost forgot to show you all what else I packed!" you mention, lifting your adorable seal plushie to the camera. "My best friend in London bought me this a few years ago. I can't sleep without it now, isn't it cute?" you stare at it with a gentle smile before hugging it for a few seconds and returning to your task, the plushie still in your lap.

You get out a mini backpack to start placing your important belongings into it, when your music pauses to signal you're receiving a call. You lean over to check and, after noticing who it is, lift your phone up to show the camera and announce that you're being called by your leader. You accept the call and switch to speaker mode before continuing to pack.

"Channie oppa!"
"Byeollie~ are you finished packing yet?"
"Yep! I'm almost done, just putting my last few bits into my bag." You end up switching to English without realising, but he doesn't seem to care. After all, it is how the two of you usually converse with each other.