Bones

"Bones?" You'd been looking around the ship for ages and couldn't find him anywhere. It wasn't unusual for him to wandering off on his own but he was starting to worry you. He'd been acting strange lately... He's been grumpier than usual, he has bags under his eyes like he wasn't sleeping and he snapped at everyone. He was always in his office drinking coffee but you knew that there was whiskey in that coffee. You knew Bones better than anyone.

Maybe even better than Jim knows him. You loved him. You argued with yourself for a long time before you came to terms with it. You didn't tell him and you couldn't. The last love you had... didn't end well. How could you risk Bones hating you? You couldn't bear that. You needed him to be your friend he always will be if you have anything to say about it. Bones was always so kind to you. It's not like you were very popular of course. Xenarious isn't exactly the friendliest planet and Xenarians and humans don't generally get along.

But Bones trusted you. He helped you and now you've got many friends aboard the ship. Your relationship with Bones grew stronger and everything was wonderful until a week ago when Bones started all this. You thought maybe he could be sick but he was stubborn and insisted he wasn't. Not that he'd admit to it if he was. For a guy who insists everyone must have regular check up he doesn't take good care of himself. He drinks all the time and doesn't get enough sleep. He doesn't get regular check ups for himself either.

If he was sick he could be passed out somewhere so you had to find him. You continued down Section V when you remembered something. You remembered his favorite place. The Holo Deck.

You ran down to the Holo Deck and saw the light on inside one of the chambers. "Computer open the door," You commanded.

"Authorization Code required," It answered. You muttered curses under your breath. What would he use for a password? He's incredibly sentimental so it has to be something personal...right!

"Authorization Code, Joanna McCoy."

"Access Granted."

The doors slid open and there was bones sitting in grass field that the computer generated. You looked around. It looked like a farm. Maybe it's the farm Bones grew up on in Georgia. You sat down beside him on the grass.

"It's very beautiful. Is it your home?" You asked. He cracked a tiny smile.

"I knew you'd probably figure out the code. You're just brilliant like that."

You furrowed your brows. "Bones what's wrong?"

"Nothing, And yes this is my home. I miss it and I miss my daughter. Sometimes space gets to be a bit to much," he admitted. You smiled and placed your hand on his.

"I'm here for you Bones you know that." He smiled and looked at you.

"I know. You're always there for me which is why i've decided it's time," he said.

"Time for what?"

"This." He put his hand the back of your head and pulled you in for a sweet kiss. You smiled and kissed him back. "I love you," he admitted.

"I love you too."