Eleven

Season Two, Episode SevenSomething to Talk About

Something to Talk About

Maggie stood sporting her coffee in the biggest thermos she could find, she leaned against the counter right next to Christina and George, they were all commenting on the Derek/Meredith situation.

"Well, we have to do something. Merediths become, like, an exhibit like the- hey- like a zoo animal, like that rare panda that everyone stares at" George tells the group, struggling to peel his banana.

"Please don't say that to her face. I think that panda died alone" Izzie tells him with a scrunched face, while both Maggie and Christina laugh.

"This could just as easily be you if people knew about you and-" George leans in closer to Christina to make sure she heard but no one else did, "And you're dating Alex, which means this could also end up you but the dining alone part"

Maggie let out a mature between a gasp and a chuckle, looking at Izzie who seemed to make a face when he mentioned Alex, "I am not dating Alex"

"You take that back"

"You are so dating Alex and No, I'm just sayin' we should do something to cheer her up" George rolls his eyes at Maggie and looks back to Christina.

"Don't worry that little brain on yours Georgie" Maggie smiles, scuffling his hair a little bit.

"Its under control"

"What- What do you guys have goin' on?" George stutters.

"Nothing" The three of them say simultaneously.

"What?"

"Where's Karev?" Bailey asks the group as she walks up.

"Im actually not too sure about that, probably off somewhere not having sex with somebody" Maggie tells her bitterly.

"Lets go, O'Malley"

"Ahem. Hey, so, um, after rounds, we have something to how you" Christina grabs Merediths arm and whispers.

"Mere? Meredith, can you hear us?" Izzie looks closer at Meredith, probably thinking there was actually something wrong.

"She's not deaf, Izzie"

"Well, she looks weird" Izzie says back, a little worry in her voice.

"What do you expect? Her heart is broken and she feels like death" Maggie sighs at Izzie, sometimes, she wondered how the blond got this far.

"Exactly, Derek didn't pick her, she's gone mental" Christina says, agreeing with Maggie.

"Meredith, have you gone mental?" Izzie stops Meredith so she could look at her face.

"I have not gone mental" Meredith says looking back at Izzie.

"See? okay, she's fine. We have something to show you, so whatever you do, do not get assigned to a surgery this morning" Christina tells her with simple instructions.