Day 8- Dance

(A/N: Watch me play catch up)

Sometimes Chiron let the campers stay out around the campfire later than usual. He thought they all could use a break every once in a while. So the campfire was blazing high with the campers’ moods as everyone sort of splitting off into their own group of friends listening to the Apollo kids play various songs. Sometimes the Apollo kids would convince other kids to sing the songs they were playing. The younger campers were running around safely out of the danger of tripping and falling on someone or the fire itself. The couples of the camp had spread out to keep their quiet conversations private while also enjoying the presence of their friends and the fire. It was a clear night and they could see the stars spread out in the sky.

Malcolm, Mitchell, and Connor were sitting close to the Apollo kids so they could still include Lee in their conversations while they listened to the music they were sitting on a blanket that Mitchell was pretty sure Connor stole from someone. Percy and Annabeth were holding hands and talking quietly on a log set up further away. Percy must’ve said something that provoked Annabeth into a rant, but he still had adoration across his face as she ranted at him. Nico and Will were in the group of Apollo kids someone managed to get Nico to sing a song. Mitchell saw Nyssa and Laurel leave together a while ago. They believed no one knew of them dating but it was pretty clear to the Aphrodite cabin. Though he didn’t say anything about it that was their thing. His thing involved three chaotic boys. Various other couples were singing along and some even began to dance. Whoever’s turn was next usually alternated between a really hyper song to a slower one. 

Soon more people joined in the dancing and it became a late-night dance in a way. They needed to wrap it up soon, but right now everyone was content. Eventually, it was Lee’s turn with the guitar and he strummed for a few seconds before starting to play a song.

“I've been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
Achilles and his gold
Hercules and his gifts
Spiderman's control
And Batman with his fists
And clearly I don't see myself upon that list.”

He started to sing only pausing slightly when he could feel the presence of his boyfriends get closer than what they had been before. He kept playing as more people joined him in singing.

“But she said, where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?”

He heard three other quieter voices behind him join as he sang.

“I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss.”

The song and people singing made the fire rise higher and shift in colors of affection. Connor grabbed Mitchell and dragged him around to dance in front of Lee. While Malcolm came to sit next to Lee calmly resting a hand on his leg while watching the other two. They sang the chorus loud before the next part came.

“I've been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
The testaments they told
The moon and its eclipse
And Superman unrolls
A suit before he lifts
But I'm not the kind of person that it fits.”

Lee had sung but was surprised when Malcolm’s voice was one of the louder ones that sang.

“She said, where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can miss.”

The song was wrapped up by everyone dancing and singing together. The fire died back to a normal height and Mitchell Connor came back to sit in front of the other two, the light from the fire, and Will, were the only thing illuminating them. Lee passed the guitar off to someone else to pay complete attention to his boyfriends

“Oh, I want something just like this.”