9

(Btw guys, I’m so stupid. When I wrote ELDIN in the last chapter, I meant SNOWDIN. Eldin is actually a region in the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Great game also. You should play it.)

“So here we are…” Asriel smiled at Sans. He had led him to the centre of Waterfall, at the riverside, surrounded by those iconic blue flowers, glowing all around.

“Okay. Why did you bring me here, anyway?” Sans asked, uncertain about the whole situation.

“I wanted us to be all alone.” He kept smiling.

Sans gulped, not knowing what to say. “Uhmm…”

“There’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you for quite some time, Sans.”

“Uhh, okay… You barely keep things to yourself, so come on, just spill it out.”

Asriel gasped, feeling is heart pound loudly and put his to hands on his chest, as if he had to held his heart in or else it would fly away. “Oh, Sans. You know me so well, I love it!”

What the heck… Sans thought. Was it him or was Asriel acting weirder than usual? “Asriel, I’ve known you all my life. Just say it already.” He was already getting nervous.

“Right!” Asriel laughed. “You see, Sans. I think we’re in the same situation here.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sans, I’m going to be very clear now. I’ve felt attracted to you for a really long time. I used to think it was just admiration for you, you know, you might be a lot more reserved than I am, but you’re also a lot cooler than me.”

Sans was completely shocked. “Wha…” But Asriel kept talking. The hell, what’s all this about?

“So I thought, what if I start dating a cute, pretty girl? That would make me realize my feelings better.  Depending on how I feel when I kiss her, for example, I would know if my feelings for you are real or not. Frisk looked like she liked me. Frisk was pretty and cute. So I went for her, and it worked out, but…” He sighed. “It didn’t work out as I expected it to. I still had the same feeling in my heart every time I saw you, Sans. I still have it.”

What the fuck, how could he do that shit? Sans was starting to get mad, but realized it was better to let Asriel finish before he said what he was really thinking.

“Kissing her is really nothing to me, but I though, if I became an expert at kissing, it would be so much more delightful with you!” He smiled and then looked down to the floor. “You see, Sans. I feel that you’re in the same situation as me… It probably hurt you to see me going out with Frisk. You thought I didn’t like you that way, so you started to be with Chara. You thought that would help you get over your misery.” He looked back up to him. “But really, it hasn’t, hasn’t it? The best thing is to be true to your feelings, Sans. Just accept you love me as I’m accepting I love you.”

“Why did you care so much about me treating Chara correctly?”

“Huh?”

“When Chara and me said that we were going out, at Grillby’s. After that you wanted to speak to me, you said you were happy for me and Chara but asked me never to hurt her and all that.”

“Oh yes. Well, in a way I was thinking about myself, instead we would ever have a relationship. And on the other hand, Chara is my friend. I don’t want anything bad to happen to her!”

“She doesn’t look like she’s really your friend.”

“Why do you say that, Sans?”

“If she was actually your friend you wouldn’t be fine with me using her to get over my misery. And Frisk? She’s basically an experiment to you. That’s all fucked up, Asriel. You’re fucked up. I’m leaving. But not before you swear you’re gonna break up with Frisk when you see her. She doesn’t deserve to live in a fuckin’ lie.”

“Okay… I admit I may have messed up a little. But I needed to clear my mind! Now I understand everything. We could be together. And of course, my plan was to break up with Frisk just after we talked this up.”

“How can you be so sure I was into you? Cause I started dating Chara? I’m not that pathetic.” Uhmm, yeah, maybe I’m with Chara cause I’m into Frisk, but… uhh, that’s different, right? I’m not lying to anyone. Sans thought and then started walking away. Asriel still was his friend, but right now he was too pissed off at him to even look at him.

“Wait, Sans! Please!”

But Sans didn’t listen. He was on the phone. “Hey,  babe.”

“That’s the last time you ever call me that. What do you want?” Chara said on the other side of the phone.

Sans was now feeling guilty towards her. Her crush just confessed to him after all. “I’m bored.”

“So? Go hang out with Asriel or Undyne or whatever.”

“But I wanna see youuu.”

“Are you seriously putting a puppy face on right now?”

“Yes.” He said with a ridiculously high-pitched voice.

“Ugh, fi-”

“Grillby’s in ten.”

“You could at least let me fi-.” But Sans hang up.