22

"Chara, I already told you I don't wanna be a part of this." Sans repeated in frustration.

"Hush, skeleton. It's me who's planned it all and made all the preparations, so technically you wouldn't even need to know anything. For god's sake, you thought I'd called you here to grab a hot dog! So, technically, you aren't a part of this. Just do as I say." "Here." Chara said as she picked up the heavy shovel from the ground and handed it to Sans.

Sans exhaled. "I can't believe I'm actually obeying you against my will after you even lied about something so important to me." As he took soil from the ground with the shovel, he didn't sense why, but with Chara it was always too hard to say no to her. Probably because of the possibly terrifying outcome.

Also, he was really shocked that Chara was seriously going about her "revenge" towards' Frisk behavior weeks ago. When she'd mentioned it almost a couple of weeks back at Sans' place while watching the movie (speaking of which, as soon as it ended, they started to feel so awkward they barely spoke a word after and Chara had walked back home blushing all the way), Sans had waved it off as something superficial.

However, whilst Sans had always been someone to just forgive and forget, Chara was more like "never forget, and neither forgive". She was also pretty bored in Undertale at the moment. So she had prepared a simple booby trap in the back garden of the castle (which was her and Frisk's home); for two weeks she had been digging a small hole on the ground, deep enough to make it impossible to crawl out of, though not as deep to really hurt someone if they were to fall inside. She had put a net with small holes on top of it and had used Sans to gather soil and leaves that would cover the pit.

Sans wasn't too nervous about this crazy idea of hers because, for one, he doubted it would work. The hole was too narrow to even fit three people which made it unlikely for Frisk to actually fall inside considering the length of the garden. "Chara, if this malevolent and unnecessary plan of yours were to work-"

"SHH." Chara quietened Sans. "Of course it'll succeed, I'm a mastermind for this kind of stuff." "Or well, in general." She said, along with a conceited laugh.

Sans rolled his eyes. Although, he couldn't keep a smile forming from his lips due to how amusing he actually found her cockiness. She would forever be the weirdest girl he knew.

"Anyway, so yeah, assuming you're right, how long do you plan on keeping your, uh, basically sister, slash best friend trapped inside a pit."

As Sans finished burying the net in soil, he lifted his head and studied her half insane, half proud smile. "Who knows? Maybe a week, two weeks? It could go up to a month if I see it fit." She laughed.

There was the second thing that kept Sans chill: Frisk wouldn't even be there for more than six hours. Not only because Toriel or Asgore would go looking for her, but Sans knew deep down Chara cared too much about Frisk to actually keep her there for a long while. 

"So you're done?" Chara asked, examining the floor. She was satisfied, it was definitely a pretty solid trap from her point of view.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Okay Sans, quick, hide. I don't want her to know you're here. Just get behind a tree or something."

Sans rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, my master." He said in ironically, although he did just as she ordered. From this moment Sans didn't really know what Chara's idea was.

It was time for her to execute her revenge. Sans saw from afar how Chara pulled a beautiful silver necklace from her pocket it and placed it just on top of the pile that covered the hole.

She went inside the house to request help from Frisk.

"What's the matter?" Frisk asked as she entered the garden.

Chara faked a sorrowful expression. "It's Toriel's super important necklace, I wanted to wear it for a bit, but I didn't realize I had dropped it around here, now I can't find it."

Frisk looked visibly confused. "Wait, what? Since when would you be interested in her jewlery? Also I doubt it'd go well with the green and yellow top you're wearing"

She sighed. "Anyway, fine, I'll help you look for it why not."

Both girls started walking around the garden and as Sans wore the hood from his hoody and  hid a bit better, he understood that the plan was for Frisk to "find" the necklace first, go over to grab it, step on the buried net and fall into the ditch.

She was quick to spot it due to the shininess of the jewelry. "It's right here!"

"Oh, you found it?" Chara asked acting cheerful. She went over to Frisk to get the perfect view of her falling into the hole. But she was petrified as she saw Frisk bend down to get the necklace and not fall in because she hadn't managed to step on the outline of the net. This wasn't to Sans' surprise due to the space not being so big. But Chara was absolutely shocked, so much that Frisk was annoyed she didn't get a reaction from handing back the necklace. Chara wouldn't even take it from her.

"You're not going to say anything? Jeez, fine, I'll take it back to mum." She scoffed. "You're welcome, by the way." Frisk said ironically as she went back inside.

Chara, filled with desperation, walked over and knelt in front of the unused booby trap, her mind going through all the ways it had gone wrong.

Sans, trying to hide his relief, knelt down beside her, aiming to lighten her mood. "Oh well... I guess that's it then." "Let's go grab the hot dogs, will we? I'll let you pay and everything." He chuckled.

A black, angry aura surrounded her face. "You think hot dogs is going to solve this!?"

"Come on Chara, there's nothing to solve because luckily this insane plan of yours didn't work out in the end and nothing happened to Frisk!"  Sans tried to reason with her (also really wanted his hot dogs). "Come on", he patted her back as he stood up. "Let's get out of here"

But, on the contrary, his comment only frustrated her even more, making her angry with him apart from how angry she was from the whole situation. She quickly stood up to face Sans, eyebrows frowned. "You know what, if you want to go get you're stupid hot dogs go do so. I'm sure that your dear little Frisk which you look so worried about would be more than thrilled to come with you and even pay for everything. But what I want is for you to leave me alone and to plan all of this much better. Oh, and thanks for nothing." In fury, she turned her back to Sans and started walking away.

Sans sighed and grabbed her arm. "Come on Chara, you don't have to be like thi-". But he couldn't finish what he was saying because at the same time he'd held her, without realizing, he stepped just on the trap which had been right beside them.

By a reflex reaction, his hand grabbed Chara's arm much more tightly. But due to his weight in contrast with hers, this only contributed to them both falling into the hole.

Sans landed on his butt first, and Chara the same way just on top of him.

Because of the huge shock the both felt, there was a minute of silence between them and barely any movement. Sans was the first to break the silence. He felt completely stupid for falling into a booby trap he'd helped make. He couldn't see Chara's expression because her hair that was facing him and was all over his face, but he sure was afraid of seeing it if she were to turn around. "Oh shit I didn't realize I was still grabbing your arm, sorry, heh" He gulped when he didn't hear an answer. "Chara... are you alright?"

"Sans," "I am going to murder you."