11

(a week later)

It was the end of the school year in almost everywhere and also, the beginning of summer vacations, including in Snowdin. And of course, same as every year (unless it’s quarantine…), high schools celebrated their prom dance, where students came with their boyfriends of girlfriends, others just with friends, other’s came alone, ready to have a bad time, and everyone was fixed up, drinking the beverages provided by the school, and most of them danced to the music.

Of course, for Snowdin it would be the same…if there was actually a school in Snowdin. Instead, our monster friends attended the human tale to go to high school and do lots of other things that weren’t possible to do back in the small underground. Years had passed since, especially thanks to Frisk and also getting some help from Chara, monsters and humans had started coexisting again and living at peace with one another. You could find almost as much monsters as humans while passing through the streets in human tale.

Going back to prom, yes, that’s where lots of high school students were headed to, including our friends Papyrus, Sans, Frisk, Asriel and Chara.

“Ugh! I can’t stick this thing to the hole! Seriously, what’s the point of these big round earrings?! They’re almost impossible to put on and they feel heavy, I’m uncomfortable enough as it is with this stupid dress you gave me.” Chara complained, in front of the body mirror in her and Frisk’s bedroom, trying to stick one end of her earing in to the other.

Frisk finished doing some of her makeup before getting up to give Chara a hand. “Here, let me…” she said as she placed both ends of the earing together. “Easy peasy!”

“Yeah, yeah…”

“The point is… look at you! You look beautiful!” They both stared into the mirror. Frisk was right. Chara wore a short, black dress, tight to the waist, not much lipstick or any other type of makeup apart from black eyeliner and some mascara, making her usual black eyelashes looking even bigger and more beautiful than usual.

“We have to do something with your hair, though… you can’t be planning on leaving it down. Look how cute my topknot looks on me!” Said Frisk with excitement.

“Yeah, whatever… I’m gonna, uh, brush mine or something.”

“Your hair’s already brushed, that won’t do anything! At least a cute ponytail… please?”

Chara sighed. “I’ve had enough of you using me like your little doll. Let’s just go already, we’re running late.”

“fine…”

(a while later)

Chara and Frisk arrived at their high school’s basketball court, which had now turned almost into a really big disco, filled with guys and girls (human and monster) their age, dressed up and dancing to the music. Chara never liked being around so many people, and she was trying to hide how anxious and nervous she was feeling and hoped this would all end soon.

They came to greet some of their classmates, Asriel was one of them. “Hey! Wow, you look great!” He said.

“Hmm, yeah, thanks, you’re good too.” Frisk said looking kind of awkward.

Lately, there was something off between Frisk and Asriel, but Chara couldn’t figure out what it was. I guess they’re just having typical couple problems, or something… Sans and I always have them and we’re not even actually together. She slightly and unconsciously smiled at her own thought.

Asriel looked at Frisk. “Hey, can we talk for a moment?” He asked before Frisk rolled her eyes but accepted. Chara knew that was a sign for her to leave.

“Uh-” Chara gulped. She obviously hadn’t stopped feeling nervous and she could only pray she wouldn’t sweat on her dress. “D-do you know where the drinks are?”

Asriel pointed at the table where they were and she went. The place where the food is at a party is always the safe spot…unless you’re an extrovert, then you’re fine. There was a really big bowl filled with a red liquid and a spoon to serve yourself on one of the cups that were put up beside. Exactly in front of the table she saw Monster Kid, just standing there without moving a muzzle and looking at nothing, as if he was staring off into the horizon.

“Hey MK…”

“Howdy, Chara.” He responded without even looking at her.

She grabbed a cup, ready to pour some of the drink inside it. “What is this?”

“Don’t know.”

“Does it have any alcohol in it?”

“Guess not.”

“Mmmm…” She tasted a bit, it was almost like strawberry so she pour herself the whole cup. She sighed. “Okay, now what…” She said to herself. She didn’t want to interrupt Frisk and Asriel, and everyone else seemed to be off in their own world dancing, some other boy crying, but she felt weird about asking him what was wrong. His girlfriend or boyfriend probably dumped him or something.

“Oh, hey Chara.”

“Sans?! Jesus, I almost spilled my drink on you!”

“Whatever, at least that’d be an excuse for me to leave already.”

“Now you’re even going to complain!? You made me get here late enough as it is because you wouldn’t get up out of bed, so don’t start annoying too!” Papyrus got mad at him and Chara laughed lowly.

“You could’ve gone without me, y’know.”

“Yeah, right! Then you would have never gotten up and you wouldn’t have seen Chara! Poor thing,” Paps looked at the girl. “You were all alone here? I’m so sorry we didn’t arrive sooner.”

“Huh? N-no, it’s fine. I was just grabbing a drink. That’s all.”

“We could leave, y’know, just you and me.” He joked and smirked. “We could do anything you want…”

“Gross, Sans. I’m gonna have to reject that offer.”

“You look really pretty, Chara!” Papyrus smiled.

“Wow, you’re right, Paps. Chara you look hot.” Sans said now properly focusing on her.

“She looks spicy…” Monster Kid said, still without even turning his back to face them, which provoked an awkward silence between all of them.

“Well… Let’s go dance, shan’t we?” Papyrus said, lightening up the mood like he usually did.

“Uhm. I don’t really fee-” Chara started to say. “Nah, bro, I’m staying he-” Sans tried to say.
But none of them could finish what they were saying, Papyrus was already dragging each of them to the centre of the court, where there were the most people.