17

“Soo…” “I really do think they’re gonna end up getting worried if we don’t come back yet.” Chara stared at Sans with her brows curved.

He just looked completely chill, still lying down. “I’d stay here forever.” He said in a soft and low voice, looking like he was going to fall asleep again.

Chara roller her eyes impatiently. “Okay, well, I’m sorry to break it to you then but we have to leave.” She began to get on her feet.

He looked even sleepier and wasn’t looking at her. “Let’s play the questions game again, it’s fun!” He said while he twisted his body to defend himself from Chara trying to lift him up.

She scoffed. “You know what? Whatever. Stay here all you want. I’m leaving now, jeez, it feels like we’ve been here for hours. I’m hungry.”

“Hungry?” Something in his eyes sparked and he got up immediately, looking like a new and improved Sans. “Let’s go to Grillby’s!”

“Huh? No, Sans. I’m going home, I’ll just have some chocolate there or whatever.”

“You sure?” “Don’t think a good, warm hot dog would fit waaay better right now?” “Come oon. Come with me.” He said the last part with a shameful attempt of puppy eyes.

“Look, Sans. If I want a hot dog I can just cook myself one to back home. I don’t really feel like doing anything right now sooo…” They started walking back.

“Fine. Your loss, Chara.”

She snorted.

“Oh! By the way!” “What are you gonna say to Frisk when you see her again?”

“Right, about that. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh…” A series of math accounts showed up on top his head trying to calculate even more and more complicated things. The = sing appears in his head now. Pluff! A hot dog. “Mmmm, yummy.” He said almost drooling.

“Snap out of it Sans!” She said snapping her fingers in front of his face.

“Right! Sorry sorry sorry!”

She sighed. “Listen to me. Are you definitely gonna reject her? Are you a 100% sure about that?”

“Uhm. Yeah. Definitely.”

“Okay, great, well, tell her you not even gonna think about it because she cost our relationship.”

“Wait we’re breaking up?”

“Of course, we have the perfect excuse now!” “Let’s act like I just broke up with you because I saw you letting Frisk kiss you.”

“Huh?! No fair, why can’t I be the one that breaks up with you?”

“Don’t act like a child Sans. It’d be like you broke up with me to be with Frisk!”

“Wait. Do we even have to make up excuses for anyone? We just got to a mutual agreement and decided to cut off our relationship. Not canon anymore guys.”

“Wow, now that I think about it. You’re actually right.” Chara admitted surprised. “We don’t have to explain anything to anyone.”

“Or anything.·”

“or… anything(?”

“Hehe…” Sans stopped walking and stared at her with a perverse smile.

She looked back up at him, confused. “What is it?”

“Look to your left.”

She sighed after she did, and placed her hand on her face, in shame.

“Poor thing, you were just so distracted it was so easy to lead you anywhere. Don’t think it’d be too hard to kidnap you.”

They were just about three metres away from Grillby’s.

She scoffed and looked at him. “You know, I can still go home if I want.”

He laughed. “You really think so?” “Look, let’s get closer.”

They went to the window next to the door, their heads really close so they could both get to see.

“See all those people with their chips, their warm burgers, pouring mustard and ketchup inside of them? See all of them with their soda? And, Grillby, delivering fresh made hot dogs. Mmmm, I think I can even smell them from here.” “You know you can’t resist…” He said with a soft, seductive voice.

Chara puller herself away. She wanted to look mad but she couldn’t help but blush when she heard her stomach tremble. “Ugh! Okay, whatever, just one quick burger and I’m leaving.”

“The quickest.” He smirked.