Chapter Sixteen: Rylo

"What is it that is so important?" The queen asked us when we entered the meeting room.

"Your highness," Dad began. "I've come to discuss a way for peace between us and the Sea Dwellers."

"Alright, get on with it then."

"You see, I have been living on the surface for some time now. Quite a while ago I met a lady, who is now my wife," He stopped for a minute, then spoke again. "Please don't punish me for what I'm going to say. She is a Sea Dweller."

The queen's eyes widened. "You are in love with a Sea Dweller?"

"Yes, and it turns out not all of them want war with us. My wife was part of a rebellion formed by the ones who want peace," Dad gestured to me. "This is my son. He's proof that we can live in harmony."

The queen looked at me with curious eyes. Then she returned her focus to dad. "I see. I have a feeling, however, that the Sea Dwellers will not believe this. Or at least the ones in charge."

"That's why I came to talk to you. If we want to convince them of the truth, we will need proof that Rylo has been to the underground. We need the Inferno Blade."

The queen got up and headed towards the door. "I will speak to my husband."

"He's back? I missed a lot," Dad said, more to himself than to her.

"You are more than welcome to look around. Perhaps you will run into my two daughters," The queen offered.

So we started walking around the enormous castle. We passed by so many rooms I lost count around twenty-four. Next, we found ourselves in a large room. It had a grand piano on a stage, along with other instruments. It must have been some sort of ballroom. We continued to walk around and discovered an entrance to the outside. I kind of wanted to see out there, but dad told me we should head back to the meeting room. We began to wander away when the doors opened.

"Oh," A boy said, confused.

He had black hair and orange eyes. He was dressed in what I thought was royal attire. Standing beside him was a girl with dark brown hair, golden eyes, and she too was dressed like royalty. They looked to be fifteen, then again I'm bad at guessing ages.

"Are you the queen's children?" Dad asked them.

"I'm her daughter, Vala. And this is Klaven, he's not blood-related to us, but he's still family," The girl named Vala explained.

"You two are from the surface," Klaven observed.

"Yeah, but we needed to talk with the queen. That's why we're down here," I told them.

"We better get going now. The queen still needs to talk with us," Dad said as he started pulling me away.