Chapter Three: Vala

"Vala and Ivy Raviono," A voice said our names, from behind us. We turned to see a boy with a gun, also very odd, but he wasn't aiming it at us. He had stunning, neon orange eyes. At first, I thought they could be colored contacts because they glowed slightly.

"Get up," He told us. "She has been waiting."

He started walking down the driveway. We got to our feet and followed him.

"Who are you again?" I asked him.

"I am Klaven," He said. "I assume you are wondering what on Earth just happened."

"Yeah. one minute we're-" Ivy began to tell him what happened, but Klaven interrupted her.

"You were attacked by a Sorcken. A creature native to the deep ocean. They never come to the surface, unless forced to by the Sea Dwellers. The Sea Dwellers are people who live in the deepest of oceans, and yes, they can breathe underwater. Those two people back there were Sea Dwellers. That's why they tried to kill you. Because you are both Pyro Residents, which are people who live in the earth's core. They are resistant to all types of heat. Fire, magma, boiling liquid, and so on. We are great enemies with Sea Dwellers."

Me and Ivy just stared at him, dumbfounded. He stopped at the end of the driveway and pulled out a red crystal looking thing. He linked arms with us, without even asking, and squeezed the crystal. All I could see was red, I suddenly felt dizzy. After what felt like a full five minutes, my vision returned to normal.

It looked like I was in a huge cave. I saw a castle, made of what looked like obsidian. I also saw lava. Lakes of it, oceans of it. Or maybe it's magma. We did appear to be underground after all. I felt warm, but what I should have felt, was myself melting from the heat. How was I even living?

"Come with me. Your mother is waiting," Klaven's voice brought me back to reality, although I didn't know what reality was anymore. Taking my sister's hand, we followed him into the castle.

"When you said our parents were Sea Dwellers, were you saying they weren't our real parents?" Ivy asked Klaven.

"Well, I don't think parents send Sorckens after their own children. I also think it's not possible to have two biological mothers, especially ones from the ocean and one from underground." He responded, somewhat sarcastically, "So yes."

Basically what he said was, we have been living in a lie. Everything we thought we knew, was a lie. For a second, I started to doubt that Ivy and I were related. Then I remembered that Klaven had referred to our mother in the castle, as the mother of both of us. And he called us both by the same last name. We had to be sisters. Right?

As we entered the castle, I noticed a hundred different artifacts, all organized neatly on shelves and on stands. None of them looked like things I've seen before. Then, I saw her. Sitting on a throne, made of some sort of crystal, was my mother. Our mother. I realized this fact instantly. Her hair was the same as mine, her face looked like Ivy's, her fingers were unusually long, just like ours. The only thing different was her eyes. They were golden yellow. As I looked to Ivy with a smile, I saw that her eyes were starting to change from green to the same yellow as mom's. Mine was probably doing the same. It had to be something about the heat in this place. Ivy smiled back at me, which made this whole situation a lot better.

Mom's whole face beamed when she saw me and Ivy come in. She ran to us and hugged us, in such a way that our fake parents never did. I cried. We all did. At that moment, I knew I was where I belonged.