twenty three

"what's your name dear?"

"I'm Brooke, Mrs. Scotts."

"what a pretty name, call me ashley. mrs.scotts just makes me sound so old."

"O-Oh, okay then. Hello there Ashley."

"tanny isn't she such a pretty girl?"

"!"

"m-mom! d-don't call me that."

"excuse me. i am your mother, and i can call you whatever that i desire to call you. now back to the main topic, isn't she just pretty!"

"yeah i guess.""

"i guess? tanny look at her closely, and reclassify your answer right now. cause you and i both know that a "i guess" isn't a good answer."

"......"

"tanny, respond now! i know that you think that she is pretty."

"but moooom."

"tanner ross scotts!"

"fine! brookie."

"H-Huh? Yeah Tanny?" 

"y-you're pretty. happy, mom?"

"Thanks Tanny." 

"......"

"oh, would you look at the time! it's getting late. brooke, dear, will you be staying here to hang out with tanny? or would it be okay if i drove you back home?"

"actually mom, we're going to watch a movie together."

"oh."

"ohoho a movie, you say. i see, i understand what you're saying son."

"mom! it's just a movie! we're not dating or anything."

"alright alright, whatever you say. well then, kids, have fun watching your "movies". just remember, no r-rated movies!"

"okay mom."

"tanny you listen to this specifically. if i so hear a certain swear or inappropriate scene playing, i will shut you down and make you grounded until you're 40 years old mister."

"mom! one, it wasn't my fault. i didn't know that the movie had gore in it, alright. and two, when i'm 40 years old, i'm not going to be living with you anymore."

"whatever you say tanny. a mother can still dream about her son still living with her."

"grrrr... hey what you smiling about, huh brookie?"

"N-Nothing!" 

"that's what i thought."