thirty one

"i should quickly call him up before she wakes up."

.

.

"Hello? This is Carson, who am I speaking too?"

"hey, this is tanner."

"Tanner? It's been so long, since we last spoken. How have you been? Are you doing better in Math? Are your parents still making you tutor people?"

"haha, it's been too long. i've been good, and my parents are still making me tutor people. it's a pain in the butt. anyways all that doesn't really matter right now."

"Oh okay. Well, then why are you calling me? Cause, I'm guessing it isn't for some reunion. Also, how come your number is coming up as Brooke's?"

"uh, just ignore the number thing. my phone is glitching. i just wanted to ask you about your past with brookie."

"Brookie, do you mean Brooke? Why are you so curious about our past?"

"gotta see if i have any true competition, you know."

"Ha, yeah right. Well, we were next door neighbors and our parents seemed to be best friends with each other. So, naturally we would also become friends with one another. Ha, to be honest, at first I thought she was really annoying and weird. But, after being friends with her for 10 years, I realized that she wasn't really that annoying. She was sort of cool, well that was until she started quitting."

"what do you mean by that?"

"She and I aren't friends with each other anymore. You know, I thought you would've known that since you two are always together."

"together? heh, we're not dating carson."

"Yeah I know. Tanner, but seriously do you honestly think I'm that stupid? Thought I wouldn't have found out about you two's friendship? I've seen you two together, since Brooke and I've stopped being friends with each other. It's honestly not that weird. I don't know why you're keeping it a secret."

"i'm not keeping it a secret. who said that i was? i'm just trying to keep her company and help her, since you quit being friends with her. anyways, why did you do that? you guys seemed like the best of friends."

"Seriously? Shouldn't you be asking Brooke about this and not me?"

"i can't really ask her."

"How come?"

"well, she's fallen asleep on my bed. yeah, so you know that's why i can't ask her."

"What do you mean by she's asleep? Tanner, you didn't by any chance do anything to her? Did you?"

"what? no! i didn't do a single thing to her. she's just pretty tired out. why are you worried about her also? you two aren't friends anymore."

"Hm, alright I believe you. You don't seem like the type of guy to take advantage of girls. Anyways, who cares if I care about her or not. It doesn't matter anymore."

"hm, now that you mention it. i've noticed that she's been looking pretty cute. maybe i should take your advice, and take advantage of her. since you know she is defenseless, right now."

"You wouldn't do that, Tanner."

"you sure? wanna take a bet, then?"

"I know you wouldn't do anything like that to her. You're too nice and good."