Chapter Nine

Emma was giving the overview of the plan. As she spoke, she gestured with a stick to the map she had made on the ground, using rocks to show the outline of the camp. "This is where they're keeping Henry. Pan's Compound. According to, uh..."

      "Tinker Bell," the fairy by the same name finished.

      "Yeah, I know. Still weird to say."

      "Tink is fine."

      "Not sure that's any better. Anyway, she says that there are sentries posted across the front, which is why we're going to come in through the back entrance here. She's going to talk her way in. Once she makes sure the coast is clear then we are going to sneak on in."

      "You'll still have to deal with any lost boys once you're inside." That fairy did not know how to sit still. She was moving about the camp, doing one thing after another as you went over the plan.

      "I think we can handle a few children with pointy sticks." Yes, but Regina, those pointy sticks have poison on them. Cue the fairy.

      "It's not the sticks you need to worry about. It's the poison they're dipped in." At the fairy's words, Charming exchanged a look with Captain Hook and you narrowed your eyes.

      "Dreamshade. Hook warned us," Snow said.

      "Good, because one nick and you'll spend the last..."

       Charming interrupted her. "Pointy sticks equal death. We got it." Yep, definitely something very suspicious going on with Charming. And Hook must know about it as well. "Now when can we put this rescue mission into action?"

      "I'm ready to go," Tink said. "Just as soon as you tell me the exit plan." A moment of awkward silence ensued, each person hoping someone else would be the one to speak up. "You do have an escape plan, don't you?"

      "It was more of a last-minute trip," Snow confessed.

      "If you don't have a way off this island then none of this matters."

      "We'll figure it out," the Evil Queen said.

      "You'll figure it out? No one comes and goes from this place unless he allows it. This is a waste of time."

      "When it comes to family, we always find a way." Charming's classic line.

      "You don't get it. Here, let me show you something." She reached into a pouch at her waist and pulled out a black watch. "You know what this is?"

      "Yeah, a watch," Emma said, but you looked closer. That watch looked familiar...

      "I got it from the people who brought your son here for Pan."

      Emma stood up angrily, her words rushing out. "Greg and Tamara! Where are they? Why'd they give you that?"

      "I got it off the girl's body. I spent half the night cleaning the blood off it. And the other guy? Well, there wasn't enough left of him to find anything useful." A moment of silence. "This is what Pan does to people he employs! What do you think he's gonna do to you? I'm not sticking my neck on Pan's chopping block without a way off this island. If you figure that out, you know where I live." And your one way into Pan's camp left.

      "Where the hell is she going?!" Snow said.

      "I'll get her and bring her back," Charming started after her.