The Strongest Soilder ( Levi's Point Of View)

An ear piercing scream sent goosebumps up my arms. I continued flying through the giant trees with regret. My heart grew heavy in that moment, what if it was Petra? I swallowed hard and my thoughts were cleared when i pictured her amber eyes and wide smile.

 A warmth washed over me, it was love. The love that grew inside my heart since the moment she first smiled at me. The love that had kept me going all these years. The love that forced me to smile even when i didn't want to. It was the love that made me the strongest solider on Humanities side. And it was my love for Petra Ral that would never in a million years fade away.

 My chest suddenly tightened. " Petra!" I yelled into the dead air. Breathing suddenly became difficult, " I need to turn around!" I said to myself. And i did, i flew faster than i ever had. Wind blew through my hair like a tornado, it whistled in my ears like a train whistle, it forced tears into my eyes. It was nature's warning that a princess was in despair, and i listened to it, i let it lead me to her. " she's going to be fine, she always is!" I kept repeating to myself as i soared.

 A puddle of velvet red blood came into my vision. And floating ever so gracefully a top it was Aulo. His lashes glued together like fragments of broken glass. I observed his final tear still damp on his cheek and whipped my head violently around, searching for the others, but mostly for Petra. I flew on to see Gunther's body hanging from a giant tree like an ornament hanging from a Christmas tree. I simply blinked and continued on, Eld was laying in the luscious green grass so peacefully. He looked like a child that had fallen asleep at a picnic, and his god being his selfless father allowed him to lay there until it was time to leave.

 In the corner of my eye i spotted a familiar orange color. I turned my head slowly to see Petra, her body lay against a giant tree. I fell to my knees and screamed at the top of my lungs, " No! Petra! Please, no god... not her, no. She was too- too young!" I ran crawled to her body and brought her into my arms, her face was bright with blood. I smiled, " Petra! Open your eyes dear, look! Look, it's me! Please... please! Open your eyes dammit!" Tears swam down my face like a waterfall. ".... That's an order! Oh god, Petra! You can't leave me here all alone! No, i need you here!" I wiped the tears from my face and took in a deep breath, " A-angels don't die. They can't, t-they just can't die!" My dry cheeks were now damp again. I drew her limp body to my chest and i held her tight, like a snake holds his prey. I was hysterically crying now as i drew my head to her ear, " I swear to you my love, someone is going to pay for this! Someone is going to feel my wrath like a bullet to the chest, the biggest blow possible. I will have their blood painted on my face as a sign of brutality for you! I will have their heads as a foot rest when i have no use for their sorry lives!" Tears dribbled down my face and my throat felt as though i had swallowed a stone whole. " Be my wings Petra! Please, i can't fly anymore, they have been stolen from me!" I felt a hand smooth over my hair. I looked up to see Petra's bright smile and kind eyes. " You shouldn't cry so much darling. I love your smile much more." Her soft voice soothed me like a warm blanket. I sat up and threw my arms around her, not letting go. Her tiny hands stroked the back of my neck. " I know this is hard for you, but i'll always be here for you. Always." I cried onto her shoulder as she ran her fingers through my hair. " I am your wings." She whispered into my ear. I pulled away from her embrace for a moment to see that she had a set of giant, white wings. She smiled the smile i loved, " You know, i missed you too, Levi." I swallowed. " I- i should have came back for you. Petra- i'm so sorry!" She took my face in her two, tiny hands and tilted my chin up so that i was staring her in the eyes, " There's nothing to be sorry about. It was my time to go." My heart felt like i had been shot, it throbbed and ached greatly. " But- we were supposed to..." She drew my face near her's and she planted a kiss on my cheek. " We will, that was my promise. Was it not?" I blinked, confused at her words. She smiled, " I will see you again, very soon love. Take me to the head quarters- my father would want to bury me." A tear fell to the ground beneath me as i watched her ascend back to her home, with the angels.