Insomnia

• Dedicated to Petra Rall

 I tip toed throught the empty hallways holding a candle in one hand and a book in the other. 

A door creacked open slowly. I hid behind the stone wall to my left and observed the sound of the person's feet patting gently against the wood flooring.

The person wrapped their hand around the wall near my face and peeked over the corner.

"Petra, why aren't you slepeing?" Levi asked.

I tightned the grasp on the candle before responding, "I- well, i just can't captain. With all that has been going on..." 

He pressed his hand above my head, "Well, is there any thing I can do to help you with that?"

His muscular chest peeped out of his sleeping top, "Uhm- no, but thank you, captain." 

He removed his hand from the stone wall, "Well, try your best to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day, Petra."

I nodded and tucked a stray hair behind my ear, "I will, good night, sir." 

He disappeared back the dark hallway to his room. I stood frozen to the wall, "I could have lost it! I could have straight up just grabbed him and kissed him!" I thought to myself.

I walked back to my room with the feeling of being watched,  I turned around slowly to see the captain leaned against his bed room door. 

"I can't sleep either." he said in a hoarse voice.

He grinned a tiny bit, " I have no clue how the others do it." 

I smiled, "Me either, they must be faking it." 

He walked over to me wrapping a long arm around my waist, "You know, i have nothing to live for- i have nothing to keep me fighting but my own rage." 

I blushed, "Captain-"

He interupted me, " Petra, i know it may seem completely random to you rite now, and confusing, but i've watched you grow strong and more beautiful over the last few years. You taught me a lot about life without even realizing it. You taught me to be more kind, and compassionate." 

I swollowed hard, his hand was warm and soft like a hug from an old friend. 

"Captain, we could die at any moment. No days are promised to us, i can't risk loosing you-" 

His eyes stared me down, Their blue color burned a hole in my soul, "Your'e rite, Petra- I'm sorry..." 

I frowned as i watched him walk back to his room clenching his fists, "Don't go." I whsipered.