The Final Hours

An hour later,

My group rode on wards successfully into the forest of giant trees. Three were dead in ten minutes, two stood now, A tall, tan man and I.

We rode in silence, " What's your name?" He finally asked. " Petra, you?' He smiled, "That's a pretty name, Petra, i like it." I grinned, waiting for him to tell me his name, " What's your name?" I finally asked again. He sighed, " My name isn't important, i'm going to die anyways. But i will die a noble death at the very least." I looked down at my horse's bridle as we continued in silence. A flare shot up into the blue sky about five miles away from us in Levi's direction. My eyes grew wide, " We need to head that way!" The man turned his horse to the left and we rode at full speed. I steered my horse in front of his not stopping for anything. " Hey! Slow down a bit!" I ignored him and rode faster. I saw Levi sitting upon his horse in peace and halted my horse. The man behind me had troubled stopping his horse and broke a branch. Levi snapped his head in the direction of the harsh sound and stopped his horse, " Petra, that was a stupid move earlier, moving away from your captain, come over here into your formation." I looked back at the tan man to see he was gone, along with his horse.

I got into my assigned position and rode on with Levi and my squad. I tried to remember if i had seen the tan man's face before and his name popped into my head, Bertolt Hoover.

Levi looked back at me with his intimidating eyes. I examined his expression for a moment, he looked tired and depressed as usual. I smiled and his eyes lite up.  " I'm glad to see you're alright Petra." He whispered. Eld turned his head towards Levi at the sound of his whisper. Levi turned his head towards him and sighed, " What, Eld?" He shook his head slightly and turned his head forward.

A flare shot up from somewhere in the forest ahead of us.  " That's commander Erwin's flare, sir!" Levi stopped his horse. " You need to go without me, Erwin needs me, i belive they caught the female titan." Everyone wore a broken smile on their face and clenched their fists to their left breasts in honor of humanities's strongest soilder.