Remember Me?

About 10ish years ago...

Todoroki's POV

     Todoroki crumpled in on himself as another wave of sobs tore through his body. It wasn't fair that his life had to be like this. All he wanted was a normal childhood. In fact, maybe if he just ran away... he could escape it all. I can't just leave the rest of my family though. Who's going to protect mom and Fuyumi? 

     He shut his eyes and hugged a pillow tightly against his chest. Surely there had to be something in this world that wouldn't be taken away. Even his friend-

"Todo?" 

He quickly sat up and began wiping the tears from his face, "Who's there?" 

"It's me Y/N. Now can you please let me in before I fall out of this tree?" he heard you whisper. 

     He nodded and quickly tip toed across his room to the window, almost forgetting about his breakdown earlier. 

You smiled and greeted him with enthusiasm, "You're gonna love this. I brought some of my mom's homemade soba and that strawberry milk that you said you wanted to try. Oh! And I also have-" 

You stopped speaking as soon as you noticed his tear stained face. 

"Now is probably not the right time Y/N..." he mumbled.

You frowned and shook your head, "I don't think so. It looks like you need some cheering up." 

     Seeing as he couldn't persuade you to leave, he quickly moved out of the way to let you climb into his room. Your backpack made a loud thump on the floor as you set it down. 

"C-Careful! You might wake up my dad!" the half and half boy sputtered. 

You waved it off, "I'm not concerned about him. I'm concerned about you." 

     Todoroki sighed and sat on his floor in silence as you rummaged through your backpack. He still remembered the first time he met you way before he had manifested his quirk. You treated him just like he was a normal kid and didn't care whether or not his father was a pro hero. The corner of his lip twitched up into a smile. He was always grateful for you. 

"Okay here's the soba and the strawberry milk," you said handing him a bento box and a milk carton, "and then I also have these other snacks I thought would be fun to try. Some of them are candy. Actually wait no I think this is a bag of chips..."

"Why are you doing this Y/N?" he interrupted. 

You froze, "What do you mean?" 

"I mean it's not like I can give you anything in return for your kindness. And besides... if my dad catches you... I don't want you getting hurt." 

You opened a bag of sweets and popped one in your mouth, "I never asked you for anything in return in the first place silly. I just want to see you happy. Plus you're like... my only friend who actually likes to hang out with me." 

"But what about-"

You shoved a piece of candy in his mouth, "Like I said, I'm not concerned about your dad. I'm concerned about you. Now tell me... does the lemon flavor of this taste fake to you or not?!" 

A warm feeling in his chest blossomed as he broke out into a smile. 

"This tastes... totally fake," he concluded.

You giggled, "I new it! Hopefully the next one we try isn't so weird." 

"Yeah..." he replied. 

     You looked so happy when you were like this. Your eyes were sparkling and your smile was absolutely beaming. 

"Hey, are you going to eat the soba? I mean... I don't think it'll get much colder than that," you joked. 

He blushed and tore his eyes away from you, "Oh yeah... I am." 

Carefully, he undid the lid of the bento box exposing not only the noodles but also a little note inside. 

To: the absolute BEST guy in the world 

From: Y/N L/N

He sighed, "Hey Y/N... there's something I should tell you-" 

"SHOTOOOO!!!" 

     The half and half boy's spine went rigid as he heard the familiar yell of his father. It practically shook the house.

"Y/N, you have to get out of here now!" he whisper-shouted as he frantically began shoving the food in your backpack. 

You stared at him in horror, "But what about you?!" 

He bit his lip, "I can't leave. Just promise you'll remember me?" 

"SHOTOO!! COME HERE!!!" the voice yelled again, the noise getting louder.  

"Remember you?" you asked puzzled, "Wait a minute that sounds like a goodbye! Tell me this isn't goodbye..." 

He opened the window and helped you onto the nearest tree branch, "This is probably going to be the last time I'll see you. I didn't want to tell you earlier but... my dad is making my training schedule tougher. It's partially why I was crying earlier-" 

     A booming knock from his door cut him off from speaking. His breath caught in his throat. Was this really the last time he was going to see you? 

"Goodbye Y/N," he said steeling his nerves, preparing to close the window. 

     Before it could be shut however you quickly grabbed his hand and placed something in it. It was the note from the bento.

"Something to remember me by..." you said shakily. 

     And with that you began your descent down the tree, leaving Todoroki with his awful father. 

Time Skip: First Day of School at UA 

Todoroki's POV

     The half and half boy frowned as he looked around the class. Everyone here was so... loud. Especially that blonde guy in the corner. At least nobody is pestering me about my dumb father... he thought darkly.  

     He sighed and took a seat in the back of the class. There's no point in getting to know anyone anyways. I'm not here to make friends. 

     The last word of that sentence seemed to sting. He never really had any friends. At least... he never really had any... after you. Subconsciously, he placed his hand over his pocket feeling the outline of the note you had given him. It was like his own little reminder, not that he ever really forgot you anyways. 

     A few seconds went by, and he sensed the presence of someone next to him. Who in their right might is standing this close, he thought. 

He sighed and turned to meet them, "Hey can-"

     All of a sudden, the flavor of lemon sizzled on his taste buds. Something about it tasted nostalgic... and fake? What the... the last time I had this was when... no way...

"Hey Todo," you said taking the chair next to him, "remember me?" 

Author's Note: So I'm not sure if the ending of this is abrupt or like... cute? idk. I wanted to publish something especially since my finals week is done! It's officially summer and I plan to take it easy and just relax. Of course I'm going to write too. 

I'm also just going to ignore the fact that have summer school as well... but shhhhhh.

Stay safe everyone <3