Chapter TWENTY-ONE.

Hello my friends. I can't begin to say how sorry I am for not being able to update as I promised. We've been out of power in my area, which is why I've not had the chance to write. Please accept my apologies guys.

Read and enjoy.......

.............................

*Alex*

For The fifteenth time, I dialed Sola's number. She wasn't picking. I was so worried that I canceled all my evening appointments and business meetings and even my friendly visit to Ekene's so I could go home to meet her.

"Drive faster Silas! I don't understand why you're romancing the road!" I snapped at my driver. I was so anxious to get home.

"Sorry, sir. We're almost there" he replied anxiously.

20 minutes later, I got to Fayo's home. I quickly let myself in, passing a brief greeting to the security man.

"Alex! What did you do this time?!" I frowned at Fayo in confusion. She looked furious with me.

"What do you mean?" I asked confusingly.

"Sola came in crying! She has refused to speak to me. And I know it must have been something you did!"

"Darling, please calm down. You shouldn't be shouting in this your condition." Kalu, her husband said beside her, petting her stiff shoulders. I was too dumbfounded to speak. Did something happen to Sola?!

"How do you expect me to calm down?! Alex is an egotistical monkey! He keeps hurting the innocent girl-"

"Shut up Fayo! I never did anything wrong. I'll go confront her right now." I said in anger and went to Sola's quarter.

I knocked heavily on the door.

"Who is it?" she whispered in a tiny, ragged voice. I instantly knew she'd been crying.

"It's Alex. I need to talk to you Sola." I replied.

"Justin has just concluded his bath. I'll send him out to you in a few minutes so you can spend time together." she said brooding no time for long stories.

"Sola. You and me. We need to talk. Open this door." I said. I was trying so hard to curb my anger.

"We have nothing to talk about. I'll send Justin out now." she replied in a tight voice.

Immediately she opened the door, I took the opportunity and quickly pushed the door wide open, making my way in easily.

"What are you doing in here?!" Sola almost shouted. If not for the little kid in between us, I was sure I would have received a hot slap to my face. She looked thunderous.

I ignored her and picked Justin up and smiled at him, he smelt like a little piece of heaven. I couldn't believe I was capable of loving someone this much, But I loved him. My beautiful son.

"How are you doing champ?" I asked him in a cheerful voice.

"Fine!" He replied with childish enthusiasm.

"Amina!" I called to the other side of the room. After a moment, Amina came out. I noticed how she was glaring at me. Like she couldn't wait to kill me fast.

"Please, take Justin out to play with Snow. I need to have some moment alone with my.... With Sola." I said. She rolled her eyes but obeyed me.

Soon we were alone.

I walked forward to close the door firmly, keeping us in. Then I turned to Sola.

I didn't fail to notice how swollen her face looked, or how tight her lips were drawn together. Every feature was strung so tight and tense. I still couldn't figure out what was wrong.