Chapter EIGHTEEN.

Hi guys, it's me again. I hope we're all staying safe?... Please do. Let's stay safe and enjoy our stories lol;-)
Quick question to engage ourselves before we go on into the book.. AND YOU MUST ANSWER ME. YES YOU! loool.
Soo...What's your favorite story Genre? Mine is.. Romance, horror and basically any fictional work.
What's yours? Tell me, I'd really love to know guys:D

Okay. Enough chitchats.
Enjoy...

........................

*Alex*

"Good Morning, Mr Williams. You arrived quiet early... Did you fly in at midnight?" Mr Jones, our competent family doctor said, rising up to shake my hands with much enthusiasm.

I had woken up early this morning to take a flight to Abuja, where Mr Jones resided. I had called him the night after I had found out that Sola had a child. A real living child. I'd done so because I wanted to get a chance to leave Lagos, because I couldn't trust my self not to go after Sola and cause more problems.

"Yes, Mr Jones. I had to quickly land early because I have some urgent matters to take care of. I just needed to quickly see you for a few minutes before I leave." I explained and sat as he lead me to the dining room of his apartment.

"Alright, sir. Can I offer you anything?" he asked, smiling widely.

"No, no.. I'm good thanks. So.. I have some questions..."

Mr Jones quickly sat down and stared at me with rapt attention.

"I had a girlfriend one time... And... I caught her cheating."

"Okay.. May I ask how she cheated on you?"

"I caught her passed out in bed.. With a man, I know nothing about.."

   "... And you want to ask if it's possible that she was drugged and made to look like she cheated on you right?" Mr Jones finished quickly for me, smiling knowingly at me.

I opened my mouth in mild shock. I knew Mr Jones was a very smart and practical doctor, but.. I never knew he could easily read people. Especially me that always guarded my emotions and reactions.

   "Yes Jones. I had immediately dumped her, because I couldn't stand the fact that she slept with another man. And now...."

"You're afraid you did the wrong thing abi?" He asked before I could say it. Again. I opened my mouth in shock.

"Well... Yes." I answered hesitantly.

"Alex.. You said it yourself, you found her passed out in bed with some strange man. You didn't catch her having sex with the man, you didn't catch her walking naked or making out with the man. This could have definitely been a set up. One which I wouldn't expect you to fall for. " He said, smiling sadly at me.

I sighed and placed my forehead on my arms in confusion. What if I had made a big mistake by trying to ruin Sola's life three years ago? Was she ever going to forgive me? How was she even able to stand me.. Even when I came back into her life?
I groaned deep down. I was feeling like the wort sort of fool.

"May I ask some questions?"

"Yes." I replied, raising my head up at the doctor.

"The moment you got to the scene.. What was your reaction?" he asked, eyeing me skeptically.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to recall that terrible night and I began to narrate it according to what I could remember.

I had parked outside her house, every where was dark and the door was slightly ajar.
I had gone inside expecting to find her in a lingerie or something.. But I had walked into her room, called her name about four times because every where was silent, then I had switched on my cell phone's torch light to search for her. And I'd met her, passed out on the bed, with a dark man snoring wildly beside her.