chapter 6

"Come on, Y/n, we're going to be late," Cissy told me as she was brushing her hair. 

     "You say that, but I'm the one waiting for you to get ready." I laughed.

     Narcissa was my other best friend. She was really nice once you got to know her. Even though we were close, I couldn't tell her about Sirius, especially after he ran away. She actually told me that she also thought about running away, but Sirius' exit has made her parents very anxious, so they tied her down by arranging a marriage with Lucius Malfoy. I hated that man, he was so angry and mean all the time. He was always making some comment about me or my brother. I don't think Narcissa liked him either, but she couldn't do anything about it anymore.

     As I sat down next to Cissy, I made eye contact with Regulus. I raised one of my eyebrows questioningly as I realised that he had been watching me. 

     "Y/n." Narcissa whispered.  

     "What's wrong?" I asked her. She was reading the Daily Prophet. I was usually the first one to grab it, wanting to know everything about what was happening in the world, especially now, with You Know Who looming over us. 

     She showed me the page with a list of names. My eyes scanned the page, stopping when I realised how close these villages were to where my family's living. I knew my mother would be in danger, she was a muggle after all. 

     I suddenly stood up, grabbing the newspaper and leaving the Great Hall in a hurry. I had to know which villages were next and how much time we had until my parents had to leave our home.

     I had been thinking of so many things at once that I'd already missed my first class of the day. As I entered my next class, I was relieved to find my brother and his friends already there. 

     "We need to talk." I said urgently, gesturing to Remus to follow me as I turned around and left. As expected, he followed me into the corridor. James, Sirius and Peter were also there, but they gave us some space.

     "Mum's in danger. There are Death Eaters killing people from villiages very close to ours. We have to do something." Remus nodded, letting me continue. "Dad can't suddenly leave, he's working at the Ministry. It'd be too obvious, but mum can go into hiding. We can talk to them and help them make up a lie about her. We can say that the Death Eaters got to her while dad was at work." I couldn't think of such a thing happening, so we had to do this. 

     "That is extremely risky. Not only would we be saying that she died, we'd be hiding it from the Ministry." He said, making me nod.

     "I know, but there isn't any other way. Greyback's still wanting to hurt our dad and mum's the easiest one to get to. We have to do this. And soon." I paused, thinking. "I'd really like to go home and help her, but I don't think Dumbledore would agree with me on this." 

     "You have to stay here, it's safer." Remus said.

     "Can you send dad a letter with our plan, please? It's urgent and I don't have time today, I have an essay to write and I have to apologize to Slughorn for missing his class." 

     "Yeah, sure." I knew I could count on my brother. 

     Before we came to Hogwarts, he was like my diary, I'd tell him any little thought that would cross my mind. 

     I did what I felt like I needed to do for a while now, I hugged him.

     "Y/n." My best friend's voice made me push away from my brother. He avoided my gaze, choosing to study the scratches on the ground instead. 

    "Look at me, Regulus." His eyes told me why he had been watching me earlier today. He knew. "Tell me it isn't true." He didnt't reply. "Tell me you didn't know about those villages." I pleaded. 

     "I'm sorry." As soon as I heard his apology, my hand went to his face, the impact sounding throughout the nearly empty corridor.

     "I deserved that." He nodded. 

A hand on my shoulder alerted me of Sirius' presence in the hallway. I was ready to be told off. 

     "What's going on here?" He asked us, making me shrug.

     "Nothing." I said to him. 

     "Then why did you slap my brother?" This time it was Reg's turn to shrug.

     "I made an awful decision a week ago." He'd known this information for a week and didn't even bother telling me. He knew how close my home was from those horrible people and he chose to not tell me. My only reaction to his statement was a scoff as I turned around and entered the classroom.

     I couldn't wait for a storm to come. To finally begin the next chapter of my life. Becoming an Animagus. It'll be hard to explain my patronus, but I have enough time to think of something.