chapter 5

Y/n

     "Amato Animo Animato Animagus." I said the incantation for the last time with the leaf in my mouth. I couldn't be more excited to finally get rid of it. At first I didn't think anyhting of it, until Regulus told me that he thought it was the most disgusting thing ever. And he had a point- at this point the leaf became a few times smaller than it was at first, not to mention wet.  

     Sirius held the potion phial with my hair, a silver teaspoon of dew and the chrysalis towards me. I grabbed it and spit the leaf in it. I wiped my mouth with my sleeve quickly, I thought I looked incredibly stupid doing all of this in front of Sirius. 

      That's when we parted, he went in the direction of the Shrieking Shack and I went back to Hogwarts to store my potion in a dark place. I found the perfect spot for it, under my bed, a place that was always dark, and quite cold, since the Slytherin dorms weren't the most welcoming places.  

     After returning to my common room, I found Regulus sitting on one of the couches, on the one facing the fireplace. I sat next to him, my shoulder brushing his, but he didn't acknowledge my presence until pushed him lightly. 

     "Reg, are you okay?" I questioned quietly. He jumped, not expecting me to be so close to him.

     "Sorry." He mumbled, not looking at me.

     "What's wrong? You seem off."  

     "Nothing." He hesitated. "Have you told Sirius anything about me?"

     "You know what I told him." It was true, there was nothing I'd kept from Regulus. He turned towards me and I shifted uncomfortably under his hard glare. His icy eyes turned even colder, feeling as though he could read my mind. "Why are you glaring at me?" He scoffed at my question. 

     "Oh, don't act like you don't know." 

     "Excuse me?" 

     "Don't act like you're all innocent!" He growled lowly.

     "What is that supposed to mean?" 

     "Sirius came to me earlier today. He told me thathe could help me run away." His voice was sad.  

     "That's great, isn't it?" I questioned hopefully. 

     "No, it's not." He stood up. "How could it be? Since when does he act like my brother? Where was he when I needed him?" I didn't know how to reply, so it took me a while to think of something worth saying. Regulus was pacing in front of me, his hands pushed in his pockets. 

     "He's your brother, it's obvious he cares about you. Remember when he ran away-" He didn't let me finish my sentence.

     "How could I forget?"

     "When he ran away he wanted to take you with him, but you were too young to leave your home, so you stayed behind. He's offering you another chance at happiness." He scoffed. 

     "I knew I shouldn't have told you this, you're in love with him, how could you ever be impartial?" 

     "I am impartial, Regulus. The fact that I like him doesn't change the fact that you're brothers and he wants to help you." 

     "Maybe it's too late for that." He mumbled, the soft words making me freeze instantly. 

     "What?" He shrugged, keeping quiet. "Regulus. . ." I sighed sadly as he raised his sleeve. 

     "You're not supposed to know." He got the Dark Mark. I felt the air leave my lungs as I watched the ugly tattoo that was contrasting with his pale skin.

     Next morning I was on my way to Transfiguration, which we shared with the Gryffindors. Snape was walking in front of me. That was when I remembered what Regulus told me last night. Snape had been with him when he got his Dark Mark. Anger got the best of me as I got my wand out.

     "Snape!" I yelled at his back. He turned around, shock obvious on his face. "You fucking cunt!" I yelled as the first spell hit him. I couldn't stand the idea of Regulus siding with these people.

     "Locomotor Mortis." He whispered but I blocked it. 

     "Stupefy." I silently shot. He flew backwards, his back hit the wall behind him. 

     "Break it up! Right now!" Remus raised his voice at us. Of course that the only time the Marauders arrived to class earlier, I'd be dueling Snape. I only glanced at him for a second, right when Snape fired a spell my way. Sirius jumped in front of me, blocking it and firing another. 

     "Go away, it's my fight!" I gritted my teeth as I pushed Sirius out of the way. I was doing this for his brother, I didn't want to get him hurt in the process. I mumbled another "Stupefy!" but this time Snape blocked it and a spell I didn't recognize would've hit me if Sirius wouldn't have pulled me into his side, making me stumble into his chest. 

     "That's enough!" Remus roared. "I'm going to ask McGonagall to take 200 points from Slytherin and give you both detention for two months."

     "What was that for?" I yelled at my brother as he turned around to leave. 

     "You would've got hurt if Sirius wouldn't have saved you 50 times in 3 seconds. That's exactly why I won't ever let you help me." That hurt.  

     "This has nothing  to do with me helping you." I glared at him.

     "You only want to come with us to prove that you can be useful." He was angry, and me yelling at him didn't help. 

     "All I do is help you!" I took in a deep breath, I needed to calm down. "I make that Wolfsbane potion for you every month,  I always get you chocolate, because I know exactly when you need it, I always cover for you when you're in trouble. I've always been there for you." My voice broke at the end. "All I want is to help you, but you won't let me. I'm your sister, I can't just watch you get hurt every month, I have to do something." 

     "You can help me by staying out of trouble." Remus shook his head as he turned around and entered the classroom. As soon as he left my line of sight, I punched the wall behind me, groaning in pain afterwards.

     "Are you alright?" The question made me look up. Sirius looked obviously concerned, making me shrug.

    "Yeah, I just feel like everyone hates me right now." Sirius looked towards the class.

    "Nah, Remus doesn't hate you, he just doesn't want you to get hurt. Remember how he acted when we were trying to become Animagi?" I laughed as the memory popped up in my head, he was so moody, they had me around them at all times, trying to calm him down.

     "Yeah, but I'm his sister." I said, making him nod.

    "That's exactly why he's harsher with you." 

     "Please don't stop me now, I'm so close to becoming an Animagus." He shook his head.

    "It didn't even cross my mind."

    "Thank you." I mumbled as we entered the classroom. I know he heard me, only smiling in response.