The Warning

Ever since I woke up I felt dread build up inside my chest.

     "You don't seem alright, Y/n." Regulus said solemnly. I shrugged.
     "I don't know, I feel like something bad is going to happen." His head snapped towards mine. He dropped the sandwich he was holding on the long table, turning his whole body towards me.
     "What do you mean?" He whispered.
     "I don't know, Reg."
     I spent the rest of breakfast playing with my food, pushing it around the plate.

     I was walking with Regulus down a dark corridor.
     "You're being too quiet. You've never been like this." He sighed. I shrugged once again.
     "I'm just worried. Nothing's the same anymore."
Just as we turned the corner, we came face to face with Lucius Malfoy and Snape. I sighed, this wasn't going to end well.
     "Who do we have here!" Malfoy exclaimed. "The mutt's sister and-"
     "Shut it, Malfoy." I growled lowly.
     "Uuh, she can be scary." He laughed, gesturing for Snape to do the same.
     "I. Said. Shut. It." I gritted my teeth, getting my wand out. Regulus saw my action, looking between me and the other two slytherins.
     "What are you going to do?" He mocked me. He came closer to me, but I backed away. He continued walking towards me, grabbing my wrist a pulling me towards him. This made Regulus get his wand out as well.
     "Don't touch her." Malfoy ignored my best friend, looking at me. His face was right next to my ear now and if I wasn't this curious about what he wanted to tell me, I would've pushed him away.
     "We know about your brother. You don't know this from me, but the Dark Lord needs you."
     "Why does that filthy-"
     "Watch you language!" Malfoy exclaimed, pushing away from me. "All I'm going to say is that you have vital information that he needs." He said as he turned around, Snape right behind him.
     I exhaled shakily, putting my wand away. Regulus turned towards me. I heard footsteps walking our way. They were coming from my brother and his friends. Just as I'd seen them, I turned the other way, walking rapidly. Regulus followed me.
     "Y/n." He tried to stop me. "Y/n, slow down." He put his hand around my wrist pulling me towards him. I finally stopped, turning to look at him. I saw my Remus and his friends approach us, making me roll my eyes.
     "You're shaking. What did he-" Regulus started, but Remus cut him off.
     "What are you doing here?" I sighed, trying to control my breath.
     "We were going back to the Common Room." I lied. Regulus saw right through it, just as my brother had.
     Malfoy's words circled around my mind.
     "Why are you shaking?" Sirius made his presence known. I shook my head.
     "It's nothing." Regulus snapped his head towards me. He didn't think I should hide this from the only people who could help me.
     "You should tell them, Y/n. They could-" He angled his body towards me, whispering so they didn't hear him.
     "I said it's nothing." I gritted my teeth. My hands were shaking, so were my legs.
     "We're going to find out sooner or later, so you might as well tell us now." I looked around at everyone. My eyes skimming over their faces. I stopped for a second longer on Peter's face. He was looking at the floor, nervously playing with his hands.
     "Not here." I said slowly. Peter raised his head to finally look at me. "And not everyone is coming." They raised their eyebrows. "Only the ones I trust-"
     "This is ridiculous, Y/n-" Remus started, but I cut him off.
     "You either accept my request, or no one hears what I have to say." My brother nodded, looking at his friends.
     "Everyone except Peter can come."

     They followed me into my dorm room. I was thankful that there was no one there. I sat on my bed, while Remus and his friends sat on Cissy's and Regulus sat next to me.
     I paused before starting, looking at them.
     "Right before you came down that corridor, we knocked in Malfoy and Snape." I saw Sirius and James tighten their jaws, while Remus listened closely. "Malfoy pulled me towards him, whispering. I supposed he didn't want Snape hearing what he'd said, but I don't really know why he told me."
     "What did he tell you?" Regulus asked.
     "That Voldemort knows about Remus." This time, James and Sirius stood up, starting to walk towards the door, but my next words stopped them. "And that he needs me because I hold vital information."
     "What kind of information?" It was Sirius' turn to ask. I shrugged.
     "I don't know, I guess he couldn't tell my anything else."
     "Why did he warn you, though?" James wondered.
     "Was it a warning?" I asked.