Suspicions

"What are you thinking about?" Regulus asked me as he sat next to me in the empty common room. It was late at night and he found me staring into the fire, with a book on my lap.
     His words pulled me out of my thoughts, making me close the book before turning to face him.   
     "I'll tell you, but I want you to promise to me that you won't think that I'm crazy." Regulus laughed, shaking his head.
     "I've known you for a long time. I can assure you that I don't think you're completely sane either." I pushed his shoulder with mine.
     "Oh shut up." I paused, before continuing. "You know what's weird?" He shook his head. "Peter had been avoiding my gaze the who le time I was talking to them." His eyebrows raised in confusion. "When we met after Malfoy talked to me."
     "Oh." He finally understood what I was talking about. "You're not suggesting-" I sighed, looking at my hands.
     "I don't know. I was wondering if you saw him at the meetings." He seemed to think a bit, before shaking his head.
     "I'm sure I haven't. I would've recognized him, there are not many Hogwarts students at the meetings yet. I hope you know that I would've told you if I'd seen him."
     "Yeah, of course, Reg. I was thinking that maybe you've forgotten." It had been quiet for a while after that.
     "Are you going home on Christmas Break?" He shook his head.
     "I don't want to, but my mum wants me there. Where are you going? I suppose you can't go home since your mum's gone into hiding."
     "James has told me that I'd be welcome at his. Everyone is going there this Christmas, since his parents are going out of town."

Author's Note: Hi!! I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but I promise you that the next ones are going to be more exciting!! Hope you enjoyed it, though!