Her Need

Sirius left Dumbledore's office like a storm, not knowing where to go. He knew he should've gone to Y/n to check up on her, but his anger got the best of him. He headed towards the courtyard, but suddenly stopping, turning in the direction of the Gryffindor Tower. Then he stopped again, knowing that he couldn't go back to his dorm; if his friends saw his anger they would immediately question him.
     So he just stood there, trying to breathe, to calm himself down. He closed his eyes, letting his hands cover his eyes. His mind went straight to Y/n. How could Dumbledore ask something this horrible of her? Her innocence would disappear, and not because she chose that, but because she couldn't have denied her headmaster. He imagined her soft arm, and how painful the Dark Mark would look against her skin.
     He did what he felt in that moment. He turned towards the wall, powerfully punching it. He groaned loudly, holding his fist in his other, uninsured hand. Then he turned his back to the wall, pressing his head against it, trying to think of anything else.

     Once he felt like he had calmed down enough, he made his way to the Gryffindor Tower. He found his friends there, but before they could say anything he disappeared, heading straight for their dorm.

     For the next few days, he'd completely avoided Y/n, not wanting to see her face. It would make everything real.
     Even though he tried his absolute hardest to think about anything else, his mind kept thinking that Dumbledore was going to destroy her.

     "Mate, what's up with you?" Remus finally turned towards his friend. Sirius shrugged, the words he desperately wanted to tell him on his tongue.
     Your sister- twin sister-  is going to join Voldemort 'for a good cause' as Dumbledore has said. She's going to risk her life for everyone. But guess what, I can't tell you any of it, because you'd be too worried and you already have enough on your plate. He chose to keep those words to himself, knowing that he'd make everything worse if Remus had known.
     "It's nothing."
     "Has anything happened with Y/n?" Sirius' head snapped towards his friend. "She's been avoiding us- I was wondering if you knew something, seeing as you'd become very close." The hint of a faint smile played on his face. Sirius' eyebrow furrowed.
     "You knew?" Remus scoffed.
     "Of course I knew, she's my sister and you're my best friend. I could tell that there was something going on between the two of you."
     "And you're okay with that?" Remus shrugged at Sirius' question.
     "Of course, mate. We're not kids anymore, and she knows what's good for her and what isn't. I know you're good for her, Sirius." He heard his friend's words, but couldn't push himself to answer. If she knew what was good for her, then why did she accept  Dumbledore's offer? And if Remus knew that he was good for her, then why wasn't he next to her, helping cope with what she had to go through?
     "I'm so stupid." Sirius murmured, standing up and leaving Remus alone. He ran towards the Slytherin Common Room.

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed this angsty part!!