°•°Epilogue°•°

"To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return."

-Madonna.

Reese's POV.

A year later.

"Still can't believe we just got married," I say with a huge grin picking Irene up in the simplest yet the most beautiful wedding dress ever. Well, we managed to get married in our house with the small gathering that just included our family and friends.

"I love you, Reese Jarrett," she says with a grin.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys, but can you please cut the damn cake already? I'm starving!" Ray interrupts making me groan. "Seriously dude?"

A giggle escapes Irene's lips as I put her down, "Let's go, we're making everyone wait,"

Irene pushes me with one hand while holding her satin wedding dress off the floor, "Wait a second, you wore sneakers?" I ask her cracking into laughter.

"Told you I hate heels, duh?" she ruffles my hair laughing along with me.

"What's so funny?" my mom and Mia walked in onto our little joke before looking at Irene's white sneakers. Oh yeah, they burst out laughing too, calling everyone in on our little joke.

"I kind of expected that!" Mia says trying to control her laughter. Damn, this was happiness and only Irene could make it happen.

We all finally control our laughter before heading to where the cake is, my mom had to make it extra special of course, "Thanks mom,"

I whisper in her ear and she responds with a smile patting my back, "Finally! Cake!" Ty sighs with a smile before snapping pictures of me and Irene.

"Here you go, cupcake," I smile holding a piece of cake out for Irene.

"You know you'll have to find a new nickname soon Reese, I don't think the cupcake is a nickname for a twenty-nine-year-old," she whispers with a smile before taking a bite.

I pull her into a quick kiss, "Oh that's one name I'm not ever going to stop calling you now and just so you know, the cake tastes better on your lips,"

Her cheeks blush bright red turning away from me, reminding me that we weren't alone, "Ty? You wanted to eat some cake?" I ask him breaking the silence and the whole show they were seeming to enjoy.

"Oh yes! Finally!" Ray adds in making Irene giggle. These guys made everything better always.

~•~•~•

"You looked amazing today," Mom tells Irene as they both hug one last time before calling it a night.

"Meet you guys soon," Dad says as both of them leave and I let out a sigh looking at Irene before closing the door. "They offered to close the gate before they leave, don't worry,"

I informed a confused Irene and nods her head tiredly, "Damn, the day was better than I expected,"

"It's our wedding day silly, even through all the chaos, I knew we'll end up having a beautiful day because I had you by my side and that's what mattered more than anything," Irene says slumping down on the couch next to me as I pulled her closer.

"There's one thing left to do though before I get you out of this dress," Irene raises her eyebrow and I grab my phone before kissing her to click a picture.

"I love you husband," she says grinning as she pulls back, "Love you wifey,"

"Alright let's get to the most important thing I've been waiting to do," Irene squeals as I stand up and carry her to our bedroom. We've got a week before we go on the vacation Irene asked for but that's too long to wait just to take my girl to bed.

"On a scale of one to ten, how badly do you want a mini version of you and me running around the house?" Irene asks taking me by surprise as I put her down on near the foot of our bed.

"Oh cupcake, if you didn't realize it already, I've been waiting for you to be ready for it," I smile before leaning down to kiss her but quickly pull away with a question in mind.

"Wait a second, are you?" she shakes her head, no with a smile.

"Good because I want to have you all to myself as much as I can before a little buddy walks in to take away all the attention," I kiss her neck smiling again. A family sounds amazing and our life is just right where it is supposed to be so I don't think they'll ever be a better time to think of it.

"So just so you know, I plan on treasuring this dress so don't tear it," she warns me with a grin. Of course, it's her wedding dress and something that she could always look back to for beautiful memories.

Unzipping her dress, she slowly starts unbuttoning my shirt too, "Every part of today, was perfect and you completed it," she says with her eyes brimming with tears. Oh did I mention, I was almost in tears when she walked up to me during the ceremony?

"And you complete me," I say taking her dress out of the way before pulling her against me and kissing her. The kiss was different, unlike all the ones we had today, it was full of emotions. It was her showing me how she truly felt, loved and complete.

"Four years, that's how long it took for me to make you completely mine. So Mr. Reese Jarrett better get started on making new memories because these are going to be extra special,"

"You are telling me I made you wait?" I asked her surprise as she bites her lip trying to control her laughter.

"Yeah, you just decided on prolonging everything, starting with asking me to marry you. Took you three whole years honey," she whispers teasingly before kissing my cheek.

"You're never going to let that go, are you?"

"Nope," she smiles making me roll my eyes before I crack a smile. "Fine, you keep saying that and I will not slow down now cupcake," I push her down on the bed before taking off the rest of our clothes.

"Here's to many more magical memories," kissing her I let my fingers entwine with hers. This was it, the end to one adventure but one hell of a start to our next amazing adventure.

All it took was a trip from New York City to Los Angeles to fall in love with an amazing person who changed my life for better. My lucky charm, that's exactly what she is.

~•~•~•

Hey people! I hope you enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it

Hey people! I hope you enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. I took me a while to get back to the book because I was held up with 'life'. I appreciate every reader who supported and stuck along to read the whole book though it took a long long time to finish.

I hope our journey doesn't end here and if you guys can, please go onto my profile and give a read to my new short story called 'Finding Memories'. It's a short story within 3000 words and is a entry for the new Wattpad romance challenge called #loveintragedy. If you guys like the short story, I might turn it into a proper book once the contest ends.

For an even better book cause I know this one is fast tracked, please give my new book a read - "Capturing Memories"

So please do continue supporting me and share my books if you find my books good. And remember I'm always up to making new buddies on Wattpad so don't hesitate to dm me!

Have a great day or night!

Love ya'll,
-Ana...❤️