Chapter 8

Spill

Chloe shut the door and let her trolley of school books wheel into the hall."What's going on?"

"Jinx was wondering-"

"Why you are keeping secrets from me !" She finished. Chloe sighed. But she smiled all the same."It's complicated,more than you think Jinx. We'd tell you but-"

"But what?"Jinx twiddled her fingers and looked at the floor."Why won't you tell me?"

"Somethings are best not spilled. Especially this. "Her dad looked after and put his finger under her chin, lifting it up. "Do you understand?"

"No," Jinx looked up. "But I'll find out some way or other so you might as well tell me now, you know I will,"

"Sure," Rascal laughed. Best kept secrets always stay kept so she can try all she wants but I doubt that she'll find any dirt.

"Whatever." Game on , she thought , she could never stay mad at her parents for long.Chloe glared at him. This was not good. You should have just told her , simply and I'm sure she would have understood. She didn't say this out loud but it was clear what she was thinking.

*****************

Ulric was strolling in a human form around the street towards Rascal's house where he sat on a bench outside. He couldn't get close enough to hear what they were saying , but he could turn his head to see through the French doors and into the lounge. He saw the back of the ex-subordinate's hair was short and only touched the nape of his neck but that his bangs still touched his shoulders. Wow, what a difference. He looks way more mature. I hate it. Sat across from him was a familiar woman with a blue fringe and long hair that brushed her chest. No. Why would he do that? You can't Rascal . What are you THINKING! Ulric became deeply troubled and even threw up in his mouth. Not her ,no. And didn't notice the door slowly open and a kid with purple hair walk down the path toward him.

"Hello?Can I help you?" Ulric shot up , and squealed. "Sorry, didn't mean to....." Ulric looked her up and down. Oh Crap! NO! Hell No !!!!!! He couldn't do this . I want to punch him so hard where it hurts and Omigosh!!!

"Are you okay?" The dude looked like he was having a fit so she waved her hand in front of his face. "WHAT? Oh , sorry- just in deep thought,"

"Very deep," Jinx mumbled.She sat down next to him."I'm just waiting for the bus, I won't be long," She smiled. What a weirdo! This guy is a lot more paranoid than he looks.

"Sure, whatever," He began to stare at her and look troubled , she kept her eye on her phone but his stare was making her uncomfortable. This is weird."Um, are you sure you're fine?"

"Yeah," He shrugged and nodded his head. The bus pulled up outside and Jinx stepped inside. I sure hope that never happens again. She thought while taking her seat.