Chapter 3

Blair

Class B15 double maths was pretty rowdy . The teacher could not calm them down no matter how much she tried and Jinx felt a little sorry for her. Maybe she should just call the principal to try and lower the volume.

" HELLO! Can you all shut up!" Someone shouted from the back of the class. The whole room was silent from then on. Jinx decided to steal a glance at the person who had stopped this and became aware it was a skinny , red-haired girl who was glaring fiercely at her. She smiled instead ,but the girl just narrowed her eyes. For some reason, Jinx really wanted to laugh but she knew it was not a wise choice. If looks could kill......

Jinx noticed Lucia was in this class too. She was paying attention to the boring advanced algebra with great interest and jotting down answers in her book. I'll come to her funeral, thought Jinx. She'll probably die of exhaustion at this rate.

" So what is the value of X? " the teacher asked the class.'Anyone but Lucia ?" The class fell silent. Jinx quickly added together the correct figures and lifted her hand.

"Yes ?"

"Is the answer thirty-six?" The teacher calculated again .

" You are correct." Lucia smiled pleasantly towards Jinx and gave her the 'nice job' look.

Once the class was over, thank god! Jinx made her way towards the lunch hall where she had been told to collect her lunch. She looked for somewhere to sit but the only table where she knew someone was Cassie and she was sat with her friends. So she decided to try Lucia as she was sat on her own.

"It's Jinx,right?"

" Yeah ." Lucia gestured for her to sit down.

"I'm supposed to fix your skirt but Farren has told me to scratch that ,boy is he acting Weird today," she glanced under the table to see her skirt . "It does need fixing though so you can hang with me at second recess and I'll darn it."

"Thanks."Jinx could feel someone walking passed and turned to see who it was.Farren and the red-head from the math class.

"Lu, I thought you were going to sit with us today,"

"Well this is practically empty. You and Blair can sit here too you know." she answered , chewing mack and cheese.

" I do not want to sit with a a Jinx ,they can give you bad luck, " Blair narrowed her eyes .

"Listen ,you don't have to avoid me because I'm new. I don't have bad luck, it's just dramatic irony,"