Preface

Preface

Rascal and Chloe

"How are you-"Chloe yelled but was cut off by the joker himself

"Still alive? I'm honestly just as clueless as you are,  look. I came here to say-"

"GLITTER FORCE! Sparklllleeee blizzard!" Rascal shot across the room and landed flat against the wall, his lip bleeding. "Chloe....."

"You can't just walk into my house and act like nothing isn't wrong . What are you doing in my house ? You are supposed to be absorbed and dead!Fight me now Rascal or suffer the consequences!" Chloe narrowed her eyes.

"I-I can't ," Rascal said slowly. She looked confused, but lowered the sword all the same.

"What do you mean?" she said warily eyeing him closely .

"I think when I was absorbed, I lost my magic," Rascal seemed to be speaking the truth but Chloe could not find it in her to entirely trust the joker . After all, it was understandable. He did try to murder her with a sword.

"I want to believe you," she started ,taking a step towards him,"but you hurt my friends. You hurt me ..." She lowered her head solemnly, watching him out of the corner of her eye.

" I understand. But Chloe, that's why I am here. I want another chance," he wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth.

" I hope I can give that to you . But how do I know I can trust you?" Chloe de-transformed into her true body once again. Rascal gazed at her and answered, choosing his words carefully.

" You - You don't," he answered.  He placed his hands on his face and carefully took off his mask, to reveal the most beautiful purple eyes. He smiled and Chloe gasped a little.

"Your  teeth,"

"I am just as human as you are, well apart from the fact you have that," he gestured towards the glitter pact hanging from her slight waist. He dropped the mask on the floor and placed his foot in the centre, followed by a satisfying crack.

" You broke it. You have never shown any of us your face. Why me ?"

"It was for the best. Ever since I came here, I am free. I think Nogo was able to control me through the mask. My actions aren't entirely my fault. But still, that is no excuse for my crimes. Chloe, I feel like I can, show you anything. I'm not scared." he concluded.

" I knew you weren't all bad ," Chloe blushed.  "Rascal I still have to talk about this with the rest of the girls though, I can't just accept that you're here and you're sorry . I trust you. Don't mess this up . I'm giving you another chance."

Rascal sat himself on the couch,looking Chloe in the eye and tried to see what she was thinking.  "I accept. If it means I get another chance then I'm happy what you decide,"

"One question before I leave,I just hope it isn't too personal. How did you escape the Shadow Realm with no magic? "

Rascal shrugged. " I wasn't in the Shadow Realm. I woke up in a wood with no-one there. I never was there in the first place. I found my way to a cornfield and saw you outside your house. I thought maybe it was time for a new beginning,"

Chloe thought if he really was good he'd be able to answer the question easily, and he did. She pretty much had no reason not to trust him.

" I'm just going to the Library Of Legends and call the girls to see what they think. I don't really see a reason not to trust you but they might so I will consult them but you must stay here, okay Rascal? Do we have a deal ?"

"Of course Chloe," he brushed her hair out of her face and pecked her on the cheek. She gasped but did not mind. She started shifting the books on her shelf into the right positions and stepped through in a flash of bedazzling, pink light, hopefully it would hide her flushed cheeks.

Thank you for reading this chapter everyone it's much appreciated. If you liked this story let me know in the comments what I can improve on as I am always open to constructive criticism. Thank you once again ,Lollywoll Xx

P.S Chapter 2 is called The Library Of Legends.

:)