Chapter 5

Shadows

"I think this is it Hox!" Nix cried excitedly.

"You're forgetting we don't have any ink." Hox pointed out, trying to provoke Nix.

"You're forgetting that I haven't searched this yet," She pulled open the last cupboard and found it was full of little tubes. "Told you," Hox narrowed his eyes. " Also, I want to spy on Rascal again with that old witch's crystal ball instead of using our pond- the reflection ripples."

" I'm not going to stop you." Nix grasped the ball in both hands and cackled. "What are you up to clown? Personally I hope he's kissing that soon to be ex- wife of his, then I can see what he'll be missing out on,"

" The only reason I tolerate you Nix is because you can be sadistic and you crave pain ,I like that,"

"Oh stop . You're making me blush." Nix growled sarcastically. She had the greatest ,undying hatred for her brother and the only reason she hadn't killed him was because she wanted to make him suffer when she and Nogo ruled the Earth. Then we'll see who's laughing- and it won't be Rascal either. She grinned ,licking her lips.I am more evil than all those subordinates put together.

" You can go and bring me those pixies from Jubiland now ,Hox. Make yourself useful , I am going to spy . " Hox bared his teeth and hissed loudly before teleporting to his destination. Nix smiled. "I don't want to hurt you ,Rascal. I still have business with your father. I don't think he'll be happy when he sees your human wife and daughter though. No. Daddy won't be happy !" She threw her head back and howled with shrieking,manic laughter.

"I really should stop doing that , " she smiled " but not permanently."

                                                 ****************************

Jubiland was in chaos . The pint-sized pixies were fleeing as fast as they could in all directions. Personally,Hox was loving the panic and destruction. All he had to do now was find Margie,Ricky and Rufus . And let Nix do the rest. He grabbed a fleeing creature by its neck and held it close to his face.

" Tell me or you will suffer, where are Ricky ,Rufus and Margie?" Hox demanded .

"In the Lollipop Orchard," the defenceless animal squeaked.

"You disgust me ," Hox dug his nails into the pixie's flesh then released him suddenly. " The news of an intruder won't have spread to the orchard yet, I'm in luck." Hox teleported silently to the Lollipop Orchard in hope to find the ex-subordinates.

                                                    *****************************

Meanwhile,Nix was gazing into the glassy crystal ball to find out what Rascal was doing.She loved watching humans spending time with others they love so she could soon wipe the smiles off their faces and ruin their fun. "Nothing much? Bahhhhh, I'm so bored. Eat something else apart from cereal. Do something fun!"Nix groaned. She was getting bored quickly and she lay her head down on the table." You had better join us for a better life , we might allow your daughter if she can be useful . But I wouldn't be to hopeful about your Chloe. I do hope I can do something fun with her." Nix giggled .

"Hox?" Nix said as Hox materialised suddenly. He was covered in scratches and his hair was covered in twigs and a small lump of candy was stuck to his eyebrow.

"Little brats don't half put up a fight," He slung the struggling pixies across the table." You were lucky  I didn't get too peed of and drown them in that chocolate river."

"Well,well,well. What to we have here. Ricky,Rufus and Margie. My name is Nix, and I am going to transform you into the failing subordinates you once were.You will do as me and my brother say and serve me well,"

"Sis, you don't have their spirits ,you can't do it, you didn't think!"

"I don't need their pathetic spirits! Get me some ink Hox! Nogo will accept me." Hox thought he should now choose to obey his sister as he knew she could do a great deal of damage and was far more powerful than himself. He took out an ink tube and passed it to her. She broke it with her fingernails and it ran down her hand."Hold still pixies, you'll be glad of me soon." She swiped her hand across the row of petrified creatures. Their eyes glowed white and they levitated."It's happening! Hox! " Nix yelled excitedly. " Now , shadows consume the souls of the lowly pixies ,AND TRANSFORM THEM INTO SUBORDINATES OF NOGO, EMPEROR OF EVIL!" She screamed. Shadows shot from her palms,slippery and black and wrapped themselves around the possessed pixies. Hox yelped as lightning forked the sky. Nix threw her head back once again and roared with glee . It was happening.