Chapter 19

My table was close to the front of the stage since our movie was one of the best of the year and we were all nominated for many awards.

Servers went around the room with more alcohol but I knew if I had to say my speech I would never get it out clearly. Jared talks continuously to the whole time to the entire table until someone responds.

Surprisingly, most of the other actors and directors didn't seem as conscious in front of the prince as most other people would be. Maybe it was just the influence of the alcohol.

I make eye contact with Jane who's eyes brighten when they meet mine she points at me and the prince and moves her fingers for us to switch our seats. I tap Miles's arm and tell him the plan and he seems confused but switches seats with me so I could be beside of Jane. Miles easily gets trapped in a conversation with Jared, just like everyone else does with him.

"So, Violet." She looks from me to Miles who was quickly absorbed in what Jared was saying. "How's the selection been? How've you been?" She says every world softly so I doubted anyone at the table could even hear me.

"It's been interesting to say the least. It was hard at first and I didn't want to be there but you know how mother is." Jane had met my mother and seen me come to filming upset some mornings. "It's been better recently, but sometimes I just wish there was less protest against me."

"Have you not seen the news recently?" She asks me. I must've looked as confused as I felt. "You're on the front of every magazine from that interview you did at the palace after you cut your hair. Everyone is supporting you completely."

"Really?" I ask in complete shock.

"Yes, Violet. Everyone is really proud of you for standing up for yourself like that." She smiles at me as I smile at myself a little. "You made a strong statement saying that and cutting your hair like that. People in Angeles don't just do that everyday anymore."

"I wanted to be more than my mother." I say softly.

"And sweetheart, you are." She puts her hand on my arm and smiles at me. "You're becoming your own person and everyone is seeing it and I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Jane." I smile at her. She hugs me tightly and when she pulls away she glances at the prince.

"Have you caught any feelings yet?" Jane asks quietly. At first my immediate response was no but something told me not to say that quite yet. I glance back at Miles and then back at Jane. I still don't answer. "That's all the answer I need."

"No, I'm not saying that I'm not really sure." I tell her.

"Violet I know you. If there was a chance you weren't falling for him, you would've said no to protect your pride." She shrugs. "And by the looks of it he's pretty fond of you too."

I smile thinking about it but I don't say anything as we continue.

It wasn't long until the awards start and there was a series of announcements and clapping and people accepting awards with short speeches. The speeches had been cut to a very short time limit to avoid the mention of politics and hate speeches.

The first award to announce was our movies. They go through all the other nominations and I look at Jared and Jane and hold my breath.

"And the award goes to...." the incredibly famous actor, Tyler Williamson, opens the letter and announces, "Broken Hearts and Love Songs directed by Paisley Copolo!"

We all clap and smile even though we were all a little disappointed. I shrug when Miles looks at me sadly and wait for the next few awards.

It eventually gets to the male actor of the year and I notice that Dylan has been nominated. I didn't say anything and I became nervous. What would happen if he got an award and I hadn't.

"And the award goes to... Oliver Jenkins!" I cant help but smile just a bit and I hide it very quickly. The look of astonishment on Dylan's face helped soothe my distress about the situation.

Then my award was next. I steadied my breath like I'd been taught and watch the stage as the next two people come up to announce the award I was nominated for.

Miles holds my hand under the table and I smile a bit when I feel the warmth.

"And the award goes to..." I hold my breath for the few seconds it takes for the actor to open the envelope and read a name. "Violet Morgan!"

A smile immediately lit up my face and Miles looked happily at me. He stands up with me and I hug him tightly around the neck as if it was just a casual reaction. When we pull away slightly, we kiss. I couldn't tell who started it or how it happened but we kissed quickly before I left to go accept my award.

The crowd cheered even louder after we kissed and I smile at the positivity I got even before I'd got attention from the prince. Maybe people really were proud of me.

When I get onto the stage with the blinding lights I reach out to accept my award and once I have a hold on it the other actors leave and leave me alone on the massive stage. I knew I only had a minute and a half to say what I was going to say so I started.

"Thank you to everyone who voted me up here, it means the world. And I'd go through the list of people who made me into a better actress, but I don't think that's the reason I'm up here. I think growing as a person and becoming more than just an actress on your television is why I'm getting this award today so thank you to everyone who supported me and not just my career."

As I walk off the stage, people stand and clap around me as I walk back to my seat and get a happy smile from Miles.

Today had been a good day.

A/N

I'm so sorry for the long updates guys but I hope you like it!❤️