Chapter 17

Hi guys, disclaimer this chapter might be slightly inaccurate since I have never been to a red carpet event and I don't watch them frequently on tv I do not understand what happens so I'm making it up as I go :) I also don't remember if I named the movie she played in so we are giving it a new name but feel free to comment if I already mentioned it! Thank you all for the support love you all!❤️

"I'm surprised you were able to get my invitation back and add you as my plus one. Usually they're so strict on these events." I say as our limo attempts to navigate the extreme traffic through Angeles.

"It's one of the many perks of being the prince." He says jokingly, even though it was true.

When the limo pulls up to the behind the scenes part of the red carpet where we were to be dropped off, Miles sits up confused.

"Why does it look like we are last?" He asks me.

"It's how these events go. They make the crowd wait for the most popular celebrities. And you're the prince of Illéa." I tell him with a shrug.

I see the car in front of us pull up to the carpet. And there he was— Dylan. I watch out the window, only because I knew nobody could see me through the tinted windows.

I knew Miles could see me so I turned away and looked at my hands in my lap. I kept thinking about Dylan and how much pain he'd cost me. I shake my head and look up at Miles as we pull up to the carpet as Dylan's car leaves.

"You need to smile, love." Mikes tells me. His eyes were dark and looked sad but I didn't ask why. He quickly changed his face to look a lot happier but it was fake, so I ignored it.

"I will, don't worry." I put on a fake smile and then sigh.

Miles reaches over and puts a hand on my knee and looks at me closely.

"You have to be strong. Show him you've moved on." He forces a small smile. "Just hold onto my arm and pretend everything is alright."

I nod at him and put on my trophy winning fake smile. It was our turn, so we step out of the limo and Miles offers his hand to help me out. I smile up at him and then link out arms as we stand together.

"I'm very out of my element here." He begins as we were told by producers to start walking toward the cameras and reporters.

"It's almost the same as the news and such and the palace, only louder and more attention." I tell him with a small smile.

Cameras soon turn towards us and I hear my name and the prince's echo throughout the red carpet by the fans along the side which weren't far from us.

"The thing about these events is you have to smile the entire time." I tell him before we get to close. He nods and puts on the smile I've seen so many times on the tv before.

"People are gonna be under the misconception that you're in love with me Lady Violet if you keep begging me to come to so many awards shows with you." Miles says jokingly, which immediately makes me break my perfected smile and I laugh.

"Is that the story we are telling now?" I say and shake my head while laughing. I roll my eyes as he laughs at his own joke. We begin near the crowd of people at the taped off lines that scream in excitement but I'd never known exactly how to react to it.

"Violet Morgan, how good is it to finally see you again." I look to the voice and I see my director from the movie I'd filmed.

"Jared, it's been a while hasn't it?" I say with a bright smile. I pull my arm temporarily away from Miles to hug my old friend. When we pull away I immediately take a step back with Miles and smile at him. "Miles, this is my director from 'Oceans Apart' and one of my dearest friends. Jared, this is the prince."

"It's nice meeting you sir." Mikes shakes his hand politely and the older man smiles happily.

"It's a pleasure, your highness." Jared responds with his toothy grin. "You better go alone the line of pictures before they become angry." He says to me jokingly.

I nod to him, knowing we'd be at the same table at the ceremony. Miles and I make our way down as cameras take our pictures all the way down and then we come to the booths. The booths were just backgrounds set up for each news and magazine company to get their own pictures of us.

At the booth ahead of us, I see Dylan, but I ignore him. We pose like the camera men tell us to and smile for the pictures and then make our way to the booth Dylan he just left.

"I'm sorry you had to come here to this." I tell him.

"It's alright, it's actually very interesting." He smiles at me, a real and genuine smile which makes me even happier.

We walk from one booth to the other and then to the next until finally we were at the room where the champagne hour was hosted.

"What's this for?" Miles asks me.

"It's the champagne hour. It's mostly just where we get recorded and interviewed while getting tipsy." I tell him.

"Sounds fun." Miles says optimistically with a playful grin.

"It's better after a few drinks." I tell him honestly as a waiter comes by serving glasses of fizzing champagne.

Miles just laughs at me as we walk to a table with a few young actors I'd worked with in the past. We fit right in fairly easily. None of them gawk at Miles as if he came from another planet, the girls hugged me tightly and asked how the selection had been going and the guys challenged each other to drink offs.

Miles was taken aback by the environment of the party but quickly relaxed after a few minutes.

I was enjoying my time and having fun, before a cold hand pulls at me by my hip. I jump in surprise and turn around to see Dylan.

"We need to talk." He tells me.