Chapter 16

The next morning I wake up to my maids rushing in my room to clean and get everything sorted out like usual, but way more frantically.

"Ladies, ladies, is everything alright?" I ask as I sit up in my bed. The sun was brighter in my window and it was much later in the day then I should have been woken up. It was hours after breakfast would have been over and I would barely make it to lunch on time.

"The Prince has given us a very specific order to get you ready quickly and we stayed up all night making the perfect dress." One says quickly without any sort of good morning like usual.

"For lunch?" I question them.

"No, Lady Violet, for your awards ceremony. Last night the Prince called and changed the response on your invitation." I was confused for a few silent moments. Then I realized that Miles had set it all up for me so I could go to my awards. I sat up so excited the only thing that scared me was showing up alone and seeing Dylan there.

I ignored the negative thoughts in my head as my maids rushed me to the bathroom to clean me up. They quickly clean me up completely and begin drying and fixing my hair. They work on my nails, something they'd only done once since I got here and working on my makeup.

So far I felt confident in the look that they had planned out more than I had any of my awards looks. They put more makeup on me than usual but that was normal for the cameras. They straightened my hair so that it barely rested on my shoulders and as I looked in the mirror I realized how much I hated having blonde hair and I smiled.

They left my hair completely straight and my makeup had bold eyeliner and long eyelashes but a simple eyeshadow and bright highlight. I smiled at myself happily in the mirror.

"Are you ready to get into your dress?" They ask me. I nod and glance toward the bag that hung on my wardrobe as they stand me up and take me closer to the bed.

"Close your eyes now, Lady Violet I think you'll be rather impressed by this one." I nod and close my eyes as they help me step into the dress. They lead me in front of the full length mirror in my room and I smile as soon as I see the beautiful dress.

The top was so intricately detailed I had no idea how they designed and made it in one night but it was beautiful. The dress clung tightly to my body and down my hips and legs but an over skirt surrounded most of the dress and made me feel like a princess.

"It is beautiful ladies, it's definitely made for a red carpet

"It is beautiful ladies, it's definitely made for a red carpet." I smile and run my hands over the dress, feeling beautiful. "I love it."

"Let's get you out the door we don't want you to be late." They say as they help me into my shoes and then a knock comes at my door.

"What's that?" I ask. My maids open my door and smile. Miles comes through wearing a gray tux with a tie matching my dress.

"Would you mind an escort?" He asks me. I couldn't deny that he looked handsome with his hair fixed more and his tux extra smooth. I'd been so worried about being alone and this made me smile.

"I wouldn't mind at all." I tell him and he takes my hand leading me out of the room as I thank my maids.

"You didn't have to do this." I tell him.

"I wanted to." He smiled. "Do you mind if I come along?"

"I would love that actually." I tell him, though I didn't want to admit how insecure I was about being there with Dylan.

He just smiles and walks to the front doors but I hear the Women's Room Door across from us push open in a rush. The prince's little sister, Grace, comes out in a hurry and stops in front of the two of us.

"You look beautiful, Lady Violet." She says to me with a timid smile.

"Thank you your highness." I smile back and curtesy to her. She turns to her brother and her disguised facial expressions broke and she frowns.

"I'm so jealous you've got to go to an awards ceremony, they always look so elegant." She seems genuinely disappointed.

"You've been to many place balls for only being twelve." He reminds her with a slight smile, watching her lovingly.

"But the awards are different they seem so exciting and loud." Princess Grace smiles as she thinks about it.

"Maybe one day I'll be able to take you to one?" I suggest. Miles smiles at me and she looks like she's in disbelief.

"Would you?" She seems shocked.

"With your parents permission of course, yes." I smile at her enthusiasm. She seems genuinely so excited and hops to hug me tightly around my waist where she could reach. I was surprised at the affection but I hug her back tightly.

"Thank you Lady Violet." She was still smiling as she pulled away.

"You can just call me Violet." I tell her with a soft smile.

"Good luck at your award Violet." She smiles at me and goes back towards the women's room. When guards open the door wide for her, I see many of the selected watching me with wide eyes but I look away.

As I walk with Miles out of the front palace doors I came in what seemed like so long ago and breathe in the fresh air I only found in the gardens now.

A limo waited for us, Miles pulled away from me slightly to open the door for me and help me get in even though I'd been raised to gracefully do so.

"Thank you." I say politely as he helps me into the car. He gets in behind me and we both sit against the back wall of the car. As the car starts, I turn to him and say, "thank you for coming with me. I was terrified of going alone."

He smiles, seeming genuinely happy. He reaches his hand over to mine and holds it tightly in his hand.

"I'm happy to be here with you." I smile just from seeing his smile. It seemed so real and genuine.

And it made me feel the real kind of happiness you could live off of.