E i g h t

Betty P.O.V

We were watching the series until lunchtime, this time I agreed to eat with him because I didn't want him to suspect anything about my eating problems. So as always after eating I went to the bathroom to vomit.

In the afternoon Jughead took me to the bar and explained how everything was going and what I had to do. It didn't seem so difficult, I just had to serve at the bar. My shift was 9am to 2pm so I had plenty of time to go running in the morning with my cousin and then get ready for work. And then the afternoons I had them free to do what I wanted.

In the night, Fangs and Sweets would come to the apartment, which made me very happy, but a little insecure because they were finally going to introduce me to their friend. And the thoughts of her surely being prettier, slimmer, and better in everything than I, was overwhelmed.

The door rang and Jughead got up from the couch to open it and I got up as well. I was so nervous that my hands were sweating. I went to the door to receive Sweets and Fangs. ''Betty this is-'' Jughead started to say but I cut him off.

''Toni?!'' I laughed. ''Betty?!'' Toni said at the same time laughing too. ''Do you know each other?'' Jughead asked while Fangs and Sweets were confused as well.

''We are cousins'' Toni and I said at the same time, laughing again. ''Wow, among all the possibilities in the world'' Fangs said and all of us chuckled.

''So your attractive roommate is Jug'' Toni said with a smirk and my cheeks became red. ''Toni!!'' I exclamed gesturing for she to shut up. Thank goodness Jughead said nothing about it.

''But how come you didn't realize I was living with Jug if you went up here the other day?'' I asked to Toni. ''I was so worried about you that I didn't even know where I was'' Toni answered and I nodded.

''Worried about what?'' Sweet Pea asked and I tensed. ''Oh, because Miss Dumbass didn't tolerate breakfast very well as we ran and she got dizzy, so I walked her home'' Toni replied. 

''Did you have breakfast together?'' Jughead asked to Toni and I tensed again. ''What do you think if we see a movie?'' I said before Toni could answer and they agreed. I sighed relieved.

After half an hour discussing what movie to watch we finally chose one, 'Don't breathe'. I was sitting between Fangs and Toni so in moments of tension I held on to both of them. 

''It wasn't so bad'' Jughead commented when the movie ended and we started talking about her and what we thought. ''I'm afraid of the old man now, I won't be able to sleep tonight'' I said.

''Don't worry princess I can always keep you company'' Jughead said with a wink. ''Keep it in your pants Jones, leave my cousin alone'' Toni said to Jughead with a death glance. And we all laughed.

''Toni you can spend the night here!'' I said excited. ''Yeah why not?'' Toni said hugging me. ''Well, I'll have to give permission, this is my house'' Jughead teased and Toni and I rolled our eyes. 

We ordered Chinese food for dinner and saw another movie. I announced that I was going to brush my teeth, but I really wanted an excuse to go throw up. When I returned to the living room they were playing with the xbox.

At 2am Fangs and Sweets left to their homes. Jughead went to his room and Toni and I did the same. We entered in my room when I heard Toni exclamed concern ''The hell is this!''.

I turned arround to see Toni holding my blade. I panicked, I was so exhausted from crying this morning that I completely forgot to clean and put away the blade that I had thrown on the ground. 

''I'm going to ask you again. WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. THIS'' Toni yelled angry moving the blade with dried blood in front of me. ''Toni shhh, low your voice! I'm going to explain you but stay calm please'' I begged, I didn't want to Jughead hearing this.

''Explain then'' Toni  sat on the edge of the bed and I sat next to her. I sighed but didn't say anything. ''Is that why you always wear the bandana and all those bracelets?'' Toni asked more calm and I nodded tearing.

Toni hugged me tight and I hid my head in the hollow of her neck, sobbing. ''Why Betty?'' she whispered not waiting for an answer. After few minutes of silence Toni said ''I will always be here for you okay? Count on me for everything. I love you Betty''.

''I love you too'' I said whispering. ''Can I see them?'' Toni asked carefully and I nodded. 

I started to take off my bandana and bracelets. ''Oh my god Betts..'' Toni said tearing too. ''Are these all?'' she asked and I shook my head standing up.

I took a deep breath and blew it out slowly as I pulled up my shirt exposing the new scars. Toni's jaw dropped and got up to hug me taking care not to hurt me. 

The two of us put on pajamas and got into bed, saying nothing. We were lying in bed when Toni told me that I could trust her and that when I was ready to speak she would be there to listen to me. I thanked he and we both fell asleep.

The next morning Toni helped me prepare for my date with Trev, trying to avoid the topic of last night. I put on my high-waisted black pants with a yellow button-down shirt, with the first ones unbuttoned. According to Toni I have a nice neckline that must be shown. I put my white platform converse and my hair down. My makeup was similar than the other day.

At 11am I said goodbye to Toni and Jug and I went with Trev who was waiting for me outside. I was so excited for our date.