Chapter 9

~Alan's P.O.V~

"I'll always care."

Austin said and leaned down to plant a light kiss against my cheek leaving me stunned and frozen as he walked briskly off to his bunk.

I brought my hand to linger on that spot where his lips had settled and I could feel the remaining warmth begin to slowly fade.

"Austin..."

~~~

Justin had let himself sprawl out comfortably in my bed and I let out a slight frown as a pool of drool from the corner of his mouth had accumulated on my pillow.

Even though he was my boyfriend and I probably should have climbed in there with him, I just wasn't in the mood to be sharing tonight.

To tell the truth, I just needed the space to think.

I turned, making my way to the back lounge, deciding I'd crash their tonight.

As I shuffled around some pillows and blankets, my mind resorted to thinking about Austin.

He'd keep changing his mind. He cared for me one minute, didn't care for me the other. When we had grown close, he'd ran off with another girl, but now he got jealous over Justin and...it was all just a big mess.

I mean, I wanted him back.

I loved him.

I always would.

But the question at hand was - what the hell did he feel?

~~~

I woke up in the morning, rubbing gingerly at my eyes. The sunlight burned through the back window and I managed to pull my body up.

"Hey. Alan."

The voice came from the doorway and I blinked a bit before seeing it was in fact Justin.

"Hey..."

"Um can we talk?"

"Uh sure..."

I got up, moving toward him but he put out a hand and ushered me back to the loveseat.

"Ok well, I've been thinking about something lately and well I've come to my own conclusions."

I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean your own 'conclusions'?"

"I mean Alan...I know you're still in love with Austin and I think that our relationship can't progress till you deal out your emotions, so what I am saying is.."

"You're breaking up with me."

I stated monotonically.

He let out an awkward nod and let his hands slip to the back of his neck, a gesture he did when he was nervous.

"Well um...yeah."

I waited for a second, and to my surprise I felt the urge to cry.

I knew that I'd never actually been in love with Justin the way I'd been with Austin, but that didn't stop it from being painful.

It was always going to hurt when people gave up on you.

Justin took my lack of response as the means as a goodbye and excused himself out of the bus.

I sat there, sinking deeper into the fabric of the couch and leaned my hands to my eyes to feel at the tears beginning to form.

"Hey do you guys...Alan?"

I didn't answer the vocalist, but he rushed over to me and placed a hand on my cheek, tipping it up so I would look into his eyes.

"Alan, tell me what's wrong..."

"Austin, you'd said you'd always care right?"

He nodded slowly and I threw my arms around his neck.

"Please just let me stay like this...please.."

I mumbled against his neck as I held back a choking sob and tightened my grip around him.