I don't have ti-

Aimes Pov.
We trudged into the dressing room after an awful 12 to 1 defeat. My head was pounding and it was getting hard to stand up. I leaned against the locker beside Adam. 

“You okay baby?” He asked me “You look pale”

“My head kinda hurts” I sighed

Adam gave me a look saying “Understatement of the year!”. Suddenly my dad walked in with a pissed off look on his face.

“12 to 1. 12 to 1!” my dad yelled, making my head hurt more “You know what word comes to mind when I think of that? Hm? Pathetic!” 

I flinched at that. Adam wrapped an arm around me.

“You guys were brought here to play hockey” my dad scolded

“What about you?” I nearly growled

“What about me Amethyst?”

“Coach Stansson knew everything about us. They were ready for us” Julie yelled.

I brought a hand up to my head, trying to stop the pounding. 

“Aimes I think you have a concussion” Adam whispered

“Yeah I know Adam” I sighed, so did Adam.

“You spend your time driving around in convertibles” Luis scoffed

“talking to those sponsor fools” I added

“Or hanging out with the Iceland lady. We saw you two Saturday night” Fulton exclaimed.

“Eating ice cream with the enemy huh coach?” Portman questioned

“What?” we all sighed.

Was he really out with the Iceland chick?

“Hey. Hey what I do is none of your business is that clear?”

“What about me dad? Or do you have to go run off with some camera lady so I won’t get an answer?” I spat.

Everyone went silent. I would usually be just as annoyed as my dad, and I was, just in a different way. My dad didn’t say anything, he wouldn’t even look at me. I scoffed before going to walk off, but I instantly fell to the floor from dizziness. 

“Aimes!” Dad and Charlie exclaimed running to my side

“I think she has a concussion Coach” Charlie said, looking at me

“Yeah looks like it” dad sighed “Charlie take your sister to the nurse”

“Aren’t you gonna take her Coach?” Charlie asked

“I don’t have ti-” dad cut himself off. I can’t believe he was gonna say he didn’t have time “I have to stay here and keep you guys practicing” wow so much better.

We all groaned.

“Tonight?” Goldberg questioned

We all groaned and the others went back on the ice.

“I’ll see you later tonight baby” Adam smiled before kissing my forehead.

Charlie took me to the nurse. I did have a mild concussion. I had to rest for about a week, which I wasn’t happy about. That night, Charlie wanted to take me back to the dorm, but I insisted on going with him to their practice. 

I watched them do drill, after drill, after drill, till way too late for a school night. 

“This isn’t very much fun coach” Charlie's voice echoed in the arena.

“Who said it was supposed to be fun?” dad questioned

“You did, when you coached the Ducks” I sighed from the entrance to the rink.

The guys' faces all lit up upon seeing me. I gave them a small smile.

“Well I don’t see any Ducks here Aimes. All I see is team USA one loss away from elimination”

“What happened to you?” I sighed before walking out of the arena.

“Twenty more sprints!” I heard dad yell before I entered the dressing room. I walked around until I got to my locker. I looked at my jersey. Bombay, 00. I smiled, remembering when we changed the name of my old ducks jersey. Dad was almost in tears, it was hilarious. I had always found it amusing when the announcer would say “Number 0. Aimes Ice Queen Bombay”. I was the Queen of the ice in my hometown, but here. I was a forgotten child following around after her tired team and confused coach. I almost started crying, but the doors were opened wide and a very tired, very sweaty team, entered the dressing rooms

“Man this stinks!” Goldberg complained

“Coach was never this tough before we got here” Connie groaned

“I wanna be the Ducks again” Guy sighed

“Hey guy!” I exclaimed, pointing to my throbbing head.

“Sorry Aimes” They all mumbled.

Adam came out from the ice and instantly locked eyes with me.

“You should be in bed resting” he sighed

“And you should be there beside me” I smiled, making the boys “ooo” at us. An effective glare shut them up “So, since you’re not. Neither am I” I smiled.

Adam smiled back after pulling off his padding. He leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips before leaning his forehead gently against mine.

“You’re absolutely wonderful you know that” he smiled

“I know” i smirked, he chuckled “You’re pretty great yourself my king” I smirked

He chuckled before taking off his skates. I saw his hand, it wasn’t looking good, but Adam refused to talk about it. I sighed as I climbed into bed that night. We were falling apart, literally and figuratively. The only thing holding me together was Adam, and he was breaking too. We really need to shape up. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Sorry for late uplaod