We're going all the way

Aimes Pov.
We were playing against this jamacan team, and were leading 7 to 0. It was Adam, Connie, Dwayne, Jesse and I on the ice. Jesse got tripped and slid into the net. 

“Hey what’s your problem man!” Jesse exclaimed, shoving one of the jamacan players.

“Jesse leave it” I exclaimed.

He ended up with a penalty for roughing. This one boy blew on the glass of the penalty box, he’d been bugging us all game. 

It was now Adam, I, Fulton, Portman and Luis. Fulton and Portman were shoving over all the other players, and Portman got a goal. I laughed and high fived Fulton as they passed, I still wasn’t too keen on Portman. The two started to bow to the cheering crowd, making me laugh. We had a line change so Adam and I were off. Adam was looking off into the stands.

“Hey you got a girl in the stands?” Charlie smirked. I smacked him up the side of the head “Ow!”

“Shut up Charlie” I exclaimed.

“No guys. It’s scouts, look at em” Adam sighed.

“Don’t worry about scouts Addy. Just play your best” I smiled.

He smiled over at me and gave me a quick peck on the lips before focusing back on the game. The other team had gotten the puck, and managed to score. The jamacan team went crazy, and some people started play some weird drums, and they danced? Eh well, team spirit I guess, I have no hate for pride. 

Close to the end of the game I was back on the ice. In front of the goal, I skated around two jamacan guys, they both fell over. I was stuck so I passed the puck to Kenny who took it around the net and… went through one boy's legs? I’ve got to get him to teach me to do that! He skated around the net and backhanded it in. 

At the end of the game we were 9 to 2. We all crowded around my dad.

“Alright let’s go! That wasn’t a game that was a statement!” my dad smiled.

We all cheered and skated off the ice.
__

The next day we found ourselves standing on a podium, talking to the press. I didn’t like it, but I didn’t have a choice. I didn’t listen to Don as he talked, but I did pay attention when a big bear came in and was cheering for our team. Apparently team U.S.A’s mascot? What? We’re the Ducks! I wasn’t happy. The bear came up and stood in front of us. He swung his arms dramatically and hit me in the face. 

“Ow!” I exclaimed, grabbing my nose, but the only one who heard me was Charlie.

“Aimes are you okay?” He asked me “Jeez what is it with you and bleeding?”

“Yeah. Yeah I’m just great Charlie” I smiled with sarcasm.

Charlie nodded understanding as he whipped off my bloody nose with his thumb and we tuned ourselves back into the conversation. 

“Team USA how does it feel competing on the international level here in Los Angeles?” a reporter asked.

“Love it!” Jesse interrupted, and we all added our two cents.

“Coach Bombay. The vikings from Iceland are the heavy favorite. Their Coach has already guaranteed victory. How are you gonna handle them?” Another reporter asked

“Um… Hard work. I think our team is ready to go up against the best in the world. We’re not worried about them. Iceland may be tough but uh, we’re team USA and uh...” my dad wasn’t sure what to say.

“We’re going all the way” I whispered to him.

“We’re going all the way” He smiled before patting me on the back, as the crowd and us cheered,

“Team USA’s going down!” We heard a voice from the back “That’s where you’re going. See you on the ice Bombay” A guy smirked at us.

“That’s Stansson. Coach of the Iceland hockey team” Don told us

“Wound a little tight ain’t he?” I smirked, making a few of the boys chuckle.

“Stansson from the N.H.L? Wolf “The Dentist” Stansson is coaching? You didn’t tell me that” Dad questioned, as we all walked off the stage.

“That guy’s a dentist?” Ken questioned

“That’s his nickname. Played one year of pro. Collected more teeth then goals” Charlie told us.

“He even punched his own coach!” I added.

“I heard they ran him out of the league and the country,” Julie said.

“That’s his team! Those guys are huge!” Ken exclaimed

“Tell me about it” I mumbled.

“I still don’t get the whole nickname thing” Dwyane complained

“Well, you know how they call Aimes the Ice Queen” Adam smirked, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Yeah” Dwayne nodded.

“Well that’s her hockey nickname. Kind of a secret identity” Charlie added.

Dwayne seemed to understand at that point. I quickly ran up to my dad before he dissapeared in the crowd.

“Dad! Dad hold up!” I exclaimed, finally reaching him.

“Not now Aimes. I’ve gotta go. CNN wants to talk to me” My dad smiled before walking off.

I was left by myself. I sighed. I hadn’t seen him in months. I thought that when he got back I’d see him more, it just feels like even less now. Charlie walked up and pulled me into a hug.

“It’ll be fine sis. He’s just busy” Charlie comforted

“Yeah” I sighed

“Hello missy! How about a bear hug!” The big bear mascot came up to me.

I groaned in disgust and went to find Adam.

  *-*-*-*-*-*-*