00:00:01

It feels as if the time is slowing down the more they are together on the field. As if the moon and the sun do not want to rotate around to bring a new day in fear of breaking apart the night, and with the night also the two people standing in the grass, looking at each other without any words. It almost feels as if the time comes to a stop only to wait for the two to be ready to move again.

Jeanette reaches with her hand to tuck a strand of her hair loosened by the breeze back behind her ear, the movement causing the time to start moving again, the wheels start turning again.

She exhales a breath she isn't aware of withholding.

"Can I see your scars?"

The question would be perhaps deemed rude in different situations, inappropriate and insensitive, but given their current position, Jeanette doesn't feel any of those; she is simply surprised he has noticed.

The question lingers in the air, flows around their head in a silent prayer for an answer.

Even though it may look like an easy question to answer, it's a yes or no question, the girl cannot seem to bring herself to say anything.

She is merely shocked.

Oscar doesn't press, solely watches and waits.

At last, Jeanette shakily wraps her arms around herself, not because of the cold this time, but rather to gain a sense of safety.

"W-why?" she stutters, tears on the verge of spilling and rolling down her cheeks. She bites into the inner side of her cheek to prevent her from crying, blinking furiously to ublur her vision.

"I... I don't know, honestly. I guess I just wanted to see you," he replies, his hand resting on the back of his neck as he embarrassedly scratches it.

Jeanette's breath hitches in her throat, stifling a sob threatening to break through.

She watches silently as he takes a few steps closer to her, standing right in front of her, so close she can feel his breath on her face.

He slowly wraps his hand around her wrist, gently and carefully while making she Jeanette is okay with it. When she doesn't protest, he slowly lifts up the thin fabric covering her arms up to her elbow, bringing her arm closer.

Even in the dim moonlight he can see her wounds clearly.

Jeanette can't keep it in herself anymore. She burts inti tears and Oscar doesn't hesitate to embrace her in his comforting arms and pats on her back.

"I'm sorry," he repeats. "I want you to know, if you ever need any help, if you ever need someone, you can always come to me."

She knows he means it as a good friend to a good friend. Tonight, their previous sins are all forgotten and they are like newborn babies, starting from scratch. She knows that now, she can count on him as a real friend.

She hugs him tighter.

And Jeanette feels okay.

She feels okay with everything that has happened, with everything that is happening now and with everything that is yet to happen.

for the first time in a while, it feels as if everything is going to get okay, and Jeanette truly believes it.