Chapter 28

Jeanette always wanted to experience what other kids did. Always wanted to go to the playground and play with them, do dumb things together and laugh.

She wanted to climb on the trees with the others, to play tag with them and return home with slight scratches and bruises she'd obtain from running and falling down just like all the other kids did.

She always wanted to experience such childhood, but she was always left behind, destined to watch from afar while the others had the time of their life.

She always wanted to get girl best friends and paint their nails together or have slumber parties or even go shopping.

She always wanted to experience the idea of a crush in her mind, romantic first love.

Now that she somehow experienced what the others went through, now that she knew how it was to have friends and start liking someone, not that she knew the pain of love, she almost wished for it never to happen.

She almost wished she had never experienced any of these for the sake of avoiding the pain of her broken heart.

Her life before was motionless, but at least it didn't feel so horrendously ugly like now, when she understood what it truly meant to grow up, now that she understood how it truly was to long for someone you know you won't ever be able to have.

She almost wished to erase it all.

Almost.

Because a part of her still hoped, a part of her still enjoyed having friends and shopping dates with the girls, a part of her was grateful for the time she got to spend with Oscar.

And a part of her would never change it.