18

Tommy and Iduna pull up outside a nice country house. It had a wooden picket fence, wildflowers blooming in the garden and two children playing in the field.

"Come on let's go inside," The older boy says. "Here pass the ball" The older boy jumps the fence before helping the younger boy over.

"Come on in boys," A woman says. "Did you have a good game?"

"I am starving. Anything for lunch" The older boy says.

"In you go," The woman says. "Go in and wash your hands, boys"

"Mrs Johnson?" Tommy asks.

"Yes," The woman says. "Who are you?"

"We're from Birmingham Council Bordesley Parish," Iduna says, with a warm smile. Easily fooling Mrs Johnson.

"No one wrote to me," Mrs Johnson says. "What do you want?"

"We'd like to talk about your son," Tommy says. "About Henry"

"Can we come in?" Iduna asks.

"I'd rather you didn't," Mrs Johnson says. "He doesn't like to talk about this."

"I see," Tommy says. "So what does Henry know about his real identity, Mrs Johnson?"

"I only deal with Mr Ross from the agency" Mrs Johnson replies. "He only ever writes so why are you two here in person?"

"Well he's approaching his eighteenth birthday," Iduna says. "They are allowed to know their real parents' location in case they decide to leave."

"This isn't right," Mrs Johnson says. "You're not from the council, something isn't right"

"What does he know Mrs Johnson?" Iduna asks.

"He knows his mother couldn't cope," Mrs Johnson says. "She drank too much, she used opium, she used to beat him"

"You little fucking liar" Iduna snarls. "None of that is true and you know it. Some shady cow set her up"

"I think you should come back when my husband is here," Mrs Johnson says.

"Does he know his real name?" Tommy asks.

"His real name is Johnson," Mrs Johnson says and Iduna rolls her eyes.

"Lady," Iduna says. "I am this close" She holds her thumb and finger close together. "To punching you in your mouth"

"I would like you to go away and come back when my husband is here," Mrs Johnson says and Iduna watches as 'Henry' walks down the path.

"Truth is," Tommy says, wrapping an arm around Iduna's waist in case she decides to hit the woman. "He was taken from his mother without her permission-"

"Henry go back inside please," Mrs Johnson says.

"Who are you two?" 'Henry' asks.

"Please Henry, go on," Mrs Johnson says.

"Your real name is Michael Gray," Iduna says.

"No!" Mrs Johnson says.

"Your real mother wants to meet you" Iduna continues, holding out a slip of paper with the address on it. "Her address is on the back of this card" Mrs Johnson begins grabbing Iduna's arm. Iduna hands Michael the card before turning and punching the woman in the mouth.

"Get the fuck off me" Iduna snaps to the woman.

"She just wants to talk," Tommy says.

"Go away and leave us alone" Mrs Johnson shouts and Iduna spits at her feet before walking away with Tommy.