6

The next morning, Grace arrives at Iduna's house to help her get ready. Grace curls Iduna's hair flawlessly so there's not a strand out of place. Then she applies powder and rouge to her face. To top it all off Grace adds a bold red lipstick to Iduna's lips.

"You look stunning," Grace says and Iduna smiles.

"Thank you Grace" Iduna replies.

"Now get going," Grace says. "It's almost nine, I'll look after Seb"

"You're a lifesaver" Iduna pecks Grace's cheek.

At exactly nine o'clock, Tommy's car stops outside the Garrison.

"I thought I said red," Tommy raises an eyebrow.

"Green's my colour," Iduna shrugs, climbing into the car.

"Is it just the two of us going to the races?" Iduna questions.

"Something like that" Tommy replies.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Are you sure we're allowed in here?" Iduna asks as the pair walk past the jockeys who are smoking as they prepare for their races.

"Well, I prefer to come to the races the back way," Tommy says. "It keeps me out of trouble. Tracks are lawless places. I can't stand petty criminals. This way"

"So what do you class yourself as?"

"An organised criminal,"

"Will we get to lay a bet?" Iduna asks.

"Nah," Tommy says. "Gambling is for mugs. This way. You're lucky you're with me or you'd be wasting your money on fixed races"

"I always wondered how you fix a race," Iduna says.

"How should I know?" Tommy asks and Iduna rolls her eyes playfully. "You do the talking"

"What?" Iduna asks.

"Tell security you are Lady Sarah Duggan- excuse us," Tommy says. "Lady Sarah Duggan of Connemara. You got lost when you went to look for the boy riding your horse, Dandy Flower. If they ask about me, I'm Prussian, don't speak a word of English."

"That's the best that Tommy Shelby can come up with?" Iduna asks in disbelief.

"Come on posh girl. Earn your three quid" Tommy says.

Iduna approaches security.

"I'm so sorry sir," Iduna says, placing her gloved hand on his arm. "My name is Lady Marie of Derbyshire. Myself and my companion here got so awfully lost when we were looking for the young boy who is riding my horse, Destiny's Oracle. I had to see he was still in an able state to ride my horse you see he's partial to a lucky drink."

Iduna fakes a laugh and the security guard smiles at her. He was clearly enraptured by her beauty as she smiles up at him.

"Of course Ma'am," He says. "Anyone could get lost here"

"Thank you," Iduna says with a small smile.

"Well done" Tommy mutters into her ear.

"I did my research," Iduna says. "Destiny's Oracle is one of the horses racing today whereas Dandy Flower isn't. If you're going to lie or cheat your way into places, use a real horse name"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Iduna watches all the people dancing to the upbeat music with a smile, Iduna loved to see people happy and music like this provided that.