thirteen

we are on a bus to a field trip to some skating rink. i'm not ready to fall on my ass with everyone watching. we have also been in this bus for 30 minutes and all i can hear are the constant conversations of everyone around me. and me? well all i've done is stare outside the window watching the rain fall while i listen to zayn, niall, harry, louis, and elanor, talk about relationships; a conversation i'm clearly not able to participate in.

the bus stops and the teachers stand up leading their groups outside. luckily, me and zayn are in the same group.

"size?" 

"eight"

the man handed me the roller skates. 

"come on liam let's have some fun" zayn skated his way to me and sat down.

"relax, i'm just putting on my skates, gosh"

i finish the last knot and stand up, then feel zayn grab my wrist.

"come on liam"

"zayn goddamit chill"

"no i'm too excited for this"

zayn the drags me onto the skating rink and also drags me along with him.

"isn't this fun" 

"zayn just because perrie is sick doesn't make me a replacement girlfriend"

"you are such a party pooper. have fun!" then, zayn let go of me and started skating on his own. i then started to move at a slow pace trying not fall.

"liam watch out!" i heard someone shout my name but before i could react, i was already on the floor in pain.

"liam gosh"  i heard niall's voice on top of me.

"niall watch where you're going and get off me"

i started to move and felt a great weight off me. before i could move a muscle, i could feel my ankle hurting like a bitch.

"are you two okay?" zayn says out of nowhere.

"i am, i don't know about liam though"

"my ankle hurts, thats pretty much it"

"come on lets go sit down" zayn grabs my hand this time, both intertwined. and i could feel comforting warmth soothing me. we both sit down on the benches and i take off my skates, putting on my shoes.

"fuck this hurts" 

"it's gonna be okay, i'm here to take care of you"